SMP, masters program, or postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poet9

Reaction score
Taking the mcat in January, done with premed requirements, low cgpa, and biology major. I did a postbacc for one semester and didn't improve my cgpa/sgpa much. Should I apply for biology master at "easier college" or SMP like Touro or LECOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Taking the mcat in January, done with premed requirements, low cgpa, and biology major. I did a postbacc for one semester and didn't improve my cgpa/sgpa much. Should I apply for biology master at "easier college" or SMP like Touro or LECOM?
Why do you think that you'll do better now?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Can you give actual numbers to us, please? Your questions are impossible to answer otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
MD schools don't factor in their grades, die to grade inflation and the coursework nof being like med school classwork
so should I continue taking undergraduate classes and apply to smp ?

Thank you! Just one last question, would it make a huge difference/does it matter when applying to med schools if I take the classes in an "easier" college near where I live instead of traveling all the way to former undergrad school ( much better school)?

Thank you! Just one last question, would it make a huge difference/does it matter when applying to med schools if I take the classes in an "easier" college near where I live instead of traveling all the way to former undergrad school ( much better school)?
No, only that you do well

Reactions: 1 user