SMP/PostBac School List Help

Started by EAPoetic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EAPoetic

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Looking for advice on whether to apply to smp or postbacc programs, and putting together a school list. Will be graduating May 2018. TX resident.

cGPA ~ 3.0
sGPA ~ 2.7
MCAT- 499, 49th% (retaking in August)
URM (Mexican American)
Solid ECs. Volunteering, shadowing, research, leadership roles in orgs, mentor...etc.

GPA should be a little higher after next school year but not much.


So far I'm strongly considering...

UNTHSC- MS MedSci
UIW - BMS
LECOM- Health Sciences PostBac
PCOM- MSBS
BCOM- Foundations in Biomed Sci
VCOM- Grad Certificate Premed Program
RVUCOM- MSBS
LUCOM- MSBS

I know these are all DO schools but I'd also like to add some MD if I can. If a SMP/postbacc can help me get into a TX MD school, that'd be ideal.
 
Hi all,

Looking for advice on whether to apply to smp or postbacc programs, and putting together a school list. Will be graduating May 2018. TX resident.

cGPA ~ 3.0
sGPA ~ 2.7
MCAT- 499, 49th% (retaking in August)
URM (Mexican American)
Solid ECs. Volunteering, shadowing, research, leadership roles in orgs, mentor...etc.

GPA should be a little higher after next school year but not much.


So far I'm strongly considering...

UNTHSC- MS MedSci
UIW - BMS
LECOM- Health Sciences PostBac
PCOM- MSBS
BCOM- Foundations in Biomed Sci
VCOM- Grad Certificate Premed Program
RVUCOM- MSBS
LUCOM- MSBS

I know these are all DO schools but I'd also like to add some MD if I can. If a SMP/postbacc can help me get into a TX MD school, that'd be ideal.

Anyone can help with this list? I have the same stats and question.