Smw, Smw, Smw, Smw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cabruen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SMW ---

SMW, since you (SMW) have been such a long time member of sdn (username SMW), could SMW (you) please tell us how the board has changed. Also, SMW, how is Anchorage where you (SMW) live? What grade do you teach, SMW? How did SMW like Stanford?

Take care SMW. Hope to you to talk to SMW later.

(From a SWM)

Members don't see this ad.

Um cabruen, you're scaring people.

Just a joke. I have mispelled her username of several posts recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
cabruen, I PM'd you.

Smw and I have been here a long time. We are ancient aren't we. I can't believe how many posts SMW has when compared to me and I have been here longer. Actually, I have taken a break for many months to try and deciede what I want to be when I grow up.:laugh: :laugh:

Amy B

The board has changed somewhat although every year the questions remain the same and are usually timed at the same time every year. Rude posters come and then go (thank goodness). People leave and come back (me as a case in point), or leave after acceptance or leave after giving up.

This just proves my theory that SDNers are insane:D :p

Originally posted by silvercholla
This just proves my theory that SDNers are insane:D :p

How so? Nice to see a post from you on other threads besides the parents one, but don't stop with the stories, please!! :)

Amy, it just goes to show that you have more of a life than me!! :D :laugh: I've had time to post since acceptance since I deferred for a year. Also, I had surgery on both :eek: feet a few weeks ago, so have been housebound and able to feed my SDN addiction non-stop. I think there is a decided change in the atmosphere in pre-allo from last year. Yes, the questions remain the same, but the tone and qulity of the posts (with some notable exceptions like silvercholla's) have gone downhill. There doesn't seem to be as much camaraderie among posters either.:(

Okay so you guys want to know what studentdoctor.net looked like back in 1999.

click on the TIME MACHINE

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CHECK OUT ARCHIVE.ORG and you can visit some sites like microsoft, cnn, etc. to see how much the internet has evolved since before time.

I post other places... see "When did SDN"
But you're right things have diminshed... Hopefully this is just temporary. Anyway TTFN

Originally posted by DrHTM
Okay so you guys want to know what studentdoctor.net looked like back in 1999.

click on the TIME MACHINE

EEWWWWWW!! It's too harsh on the eyes. :eek:

I hope your feet are both doing well. Surgery is no fun. Hope recovery time is short and you aren't bored out of your mind.

I will also agree about the quality of posts. I feel like more of the old posts were more helpful. People wanted to help their fellow SDNers (pre-meders), but like the students at the universtities, it seems like a lot (not all) of people only care about themselves. I do worry about some of the people who want to become doctors.

It is one of the things that turned me away from the whole pre-med thing at the beginning of this year. I have been the pre-med society lead officer at my university for three years, and I must admit I was tired of the selfishness and arrogency that seems to plague pre-meders. Some of those attitudes have shown up on SDN.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure people will fire away at me, but hey I have been here a longer time than most of the people, so I am used to the afterpost attacks.
Amy B:D :D