So If I Didn't Get An Interview Invite From Columbia Yesterday...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Double Bonded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does that mean I won't get an interview?

I got the "supplemental fee received" e-mail around the same time as some people who got interviews so I'm guessing my application has already been reviewed. So now I'm stuck wondering if I even have a chance at getting an interview or if I should just move on.

Are interview requests given out on a rolling basis or are they all given at one time for each group that was reviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto. I was in the first mailing batch so I'm feeling a little discouraged right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like we are all in the same boat. Really want a shot at columbia.

me too! :( my first choice....i say we draw straws for someone to call and pester the admissions office...hahha

me too! :( my first choice....i say we draw straws for someone to call and pester the admissions office...hahha

Agreed.

--------------ViviPreDent
----------------------AmalgamGrillz
----------------ugashaun
----------------------------------------------------Berkguy
----------------Double Bonded
-----------------------------Hell0k1tty

ViviPreDent, let us know what they say. Thanks :)

Agreed.

--------------ViviPreDent
----------------------AmalgamGrillz
----------------ugashaun
----------------------------------------------------Berkguy
----------------Double Bonded
-----------------------------Hell0k1tty

ViviPreDent, let us know what they say. Thanks :)

hahaha sure, no problem.....i'm entirely certain that straw choosing was completely randomized :p

Haha, I was going to say, who is brave enough to call admissions and ask?

in the past cycles they released a second round of invites about two weeks following the initial round. if we don't hear during that round, i'll call

ya i know.. I had the average stats for the school and good experience/research/community service, so i don't know if that means I am out or not. Can anyone call the school?

Does that mean I won't get an interview?

I got the "supplemental fee received" e-mail around the same time as some people who got interviews so I'm guessing my application has already been reviewed. So now I'm stuck wondering if I even have a chance at getting an interview or if I should just move on.

Are interview requests given out on a rolling basis or are they all given at one time for each group that was reviewed?
From what I know, (I asked a particular D-school) it just means the check is cashed or about to be cashed. Your app is probably waiting in a pile to be reviewed. Give it a few more weeks. You submitted fairly recent too, right? I'd try not to stress and give it another 2 weeks. They do have hundreds and hundreds to get through. But calling isn't a bad idea either. It shows that you're proactive about the process. Call, be polite and professional. Just say you'd like to inquire about the status of your application and when will you be hearing back from Columbia and thank whoever answered you. Might give your app another look which is always a +.

in the past cycles they released a second round of invites about two weeks following the initial round. if we don't hear during that round, i'll call

Looks like I'm gonna be crossing my fingers for two weeks...