so lost! help...forum for people who may be taking 2 yrs off consdering the last mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaggy411

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is the place to vent and maybe get some hints, tips, suggestions, from other reapplicants...

i retook the mcat in august and it doesn't look to good...graduate in june..got nothing to do right now other than stress and fill out apps..

maybe carribeans? or retake in april 06 and wait ANOTHER year?!?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat, Shaggy, and what I have decidedn to do is go back to school and get a post-bacc. If you're going to look at the Carribean, don't go anywhere but ST. GEORGE'S. I have been done there and have visited the campus. Absolutely nothing down there beats it. (I have been to Ross, too). But honestly, what's one more year? Wait, I shouldn't be saying that...everytime I think of that, too, I panic....but you gotta do what u gotta do:) Good luck to you!!

I did pretty bad as an undergrad with a 3.2 GPA and a 25 on the MCAT. Right now I am doing a masters program to offset the bad GPA...hopefully 5 classes in one year (two semester of Biochem, two semesters of physiology, and a semester of cell biology---all graduate classes) and retaking the MCAT in 2006 April (30+ hopefully) will get me into some kind of a medical school in my state.

If that does not work out, I am also going to applying to D.O. school...if that doesn't work out...well here I come carribean med school...

Why not do some post bacc and/or retake the MCAT and wait a year? What is one year going to make the difference for anyway? Even two years? So what?
I saw that you mentioned you were from south east asia...so am I...India to be specific. I can relate to the pressure that you feel...but to be honest...be yourself and make decisions for yourself...that was a valuable lesson that I learned...and am still learning.
I am going to give this a shot...if I don't get in...oh well...practicality will set in and tell me not to apply again and go with a D.O. or caribbean...
I hope that helps.