So what'd everyone get for Christmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Be honest, who got stethoscopes.

not till graduation, and all I've got currently is a sleepy ***** family. I set an alarm so I wouldn't be the one keeping everyone up...and here I sit online...on christmas morning.
-durty

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a book on identifying raptors in flight!:love::love::love:

The Dark Knight Blu-Ray :thumbup:

My girlfriend (or ex i should say) spat on my face, stabbed me in the heart and left me for death post-acceptance. Ho, ho, ho.

Be honest, who got stethoscopes.

All I asked for Christmas was to have my wife not spend 600 dollars on gifts. So only spent 515 dollars. So I got my present.

I got a book on identifying raptors in flight!:love::love::love:

Hehe, I assume it's not what you mean, all I can think of is this comic: http://xkcd.com/135/

Burn Notice sunglasses :cool: . "oliver peoples"

$400 for sunglasses :eek:

Excellent show :thumbup:. Season Three soon!

As for myself, my big holiday gift is a little bass amp that I can take back with me to my dorm. Haven't been able to play in a pretty long time.

A LOT of gum. Apple-flavored, cinnamon-flavored, and mango-flavored gum. 6 packs of it.

a call from my parents telling me to visit them, and me abruptly hanging up because they interrupted my video game time

Members don't see this ad :)
airfare for a trip i'm leaving for tomorrow. and an annoying family morning so far.

absolutely nothing.

Hehe, I assume it's not what you mean, all I can think of is this comic: http://xkcd.com/135/

Hahahaha, I did not, in fact, mean velociraptors. But that's a good example of xkcd at it's finest.:laugh: This is the kind of raptor I meant. :p

As for myself, my big holiday gift is a little bass amp that I can take back with me to my dorm. Haven't been able to play in a pretty long time.

Rock on! I'm sure your neighbors will love you.:laugh::thumbup:

No stethoscope- this year got a new one to replace the one I got when I was 7 last year.

This year: I got lots of apartment stuff- basically everything one would even need in a kitchen.

I also got jewelry, home decorating stuff, and a lot of money!

What a great day!

Hope you guys had a good one and are enjoying time with friends and family

EK 1001 Biology and The Wall Chart of Human Anatomy. :highfive:

We haven't opened presents yet (west coast and I'm old enough that I don't wake up at 6 anymore, plus my parents were at a hotel until about 5 mins ago). But I'm really hoping the big present under the tree is the sewing machine I asked for :)

I already have a stethoscope, so I'm assuming I'm not getting another :p

Examkrackers Complete Study Package, a giftcard, and a bunch of sweaters I will never wear.

An awesome jigsaw puzzle

:laugh:
Lol, I honestly expected tons more stethoscopes and Merck Indexes or something...

hehehe...well, I got the First Aid book :oops:. And see, I'm totally legit because I got it for Christmas, ergo, I am NOT a gunner ;).

(BTW, I'm actually about as far from a gunner as possible. Believe me, if you took my career trajectory, you wouldn't be a gunner either.)

I got a camera. I told hubby at first that I wanted one of those deluxoid digital cameras with the interchangeable lenses so that I could take up photography as a hobby, but then I realized that I don't have the patience to sit there and learn how to work the thing. So I told him I wanted a simple camera that can take really good pics but is point-and-click.

Now I realize I don't even have the patience to learn how to work this thing, and it's so easy my 2-year-old took some good pics on it. Oh, well, maybe after I've had a nap and some coffee.:sleep:

Yep, I will officially be the 12-year-old med student type: I'm not going to lie, as anyone who has read my dorky ECs on my MDApps might suspect, I got Magic cards :D

Also, a heaping helping of Spurs-Suns on ABC. Great game.

I got a new phone, lots of clothes, a tool kit, a blender and of course Gray's Anatomy and MSAR.

I def. hear ya on the overhyped family. lol. :)

Man, I thought you were talking about these raptors!

Those are pretty easy to identify from the ground. One silhouette and only one type of plumage.:laugh::laugh:

<-- used to live in front of the runway of an air force base.

The MCAT (that was my big gift), some clothes, etc

I got one of those medically themed "joke a day" calendars, except the jokes are really, really bad. So bad in fact that I think it was one guy who had to come up with 365 in one day because he put it off or something.

Examples:

Doctor to Pt: "I'm afraid you are going to need a liver and onions transplant."

and another

Doctor to Pt: "Your test results are back. You didn't study, did you?"

more to follow...

Those really are awful jokes...

a beautiful Taylor acoustic guitar

Hope it wasn't anything above the 414, if so you're just paying for the good ol' Taylor name :thumbdown:

2 pm and we still havent opened anything! I don't wake up early anymore like when I was a kid...but this is just ridiculous. Haha and I've gotten the Grey's Anatomy/MSAR combo pack before, though my dad was a bit confused about the first gift. What can you do, its a good show.

Santa ate my cookies but failed to leave any interview invites for any California schools... i thought those cookies were full proof... oh well...

iphone and a really pretty sweater dress :)
but man its soo boring on christmas.. everything is closed, my parents are relaxing and im trying to kill time until tomorrow lol

:thumbup:. I got that for myself.

I wanted a car, but I got a Starbucks gift card instead...

:thumbup: I got that (Dark Knight) for my siblings : )

Big gift was a new computer, because my old one totally crashed.

Various other things, including a book called "My Lobotomy" that I've been wanting to read : )

Yep, I will officially be the 12-year-old med student type: I'm not going to lie, as anyone who has read my dorky ECs on my MDApps might suspect, I got Magic cards :D

Also, a heaping helping of Spurs-Suns on ABC. Great game.

Your Spurs definitely came through for you!

It was a great game!!

Haha and I've gotten the Grey's Anatomy/MSAR combo pack before, though my dad was a bit confused about the first gift. What can you do, its a good show.

While I do love the show, I got the book the show was named after for Christmas. I already own all the seasons of Grey's :)

Haha I apparently have the WORST reading comprehension today. Gesh, grays anatomy and msar?? That really is a medically filled Christmas.

my lobotomy..i believe ive read that.. it was really good!!

Hope it wasn't anything above the 414, if so you're just paying for the good ol' Taylor name :thumbdown:

2 pm and we still havent opened anything! I don't wake up early anymore like when I was a kid...but this is just ridiculous. Haha and I've gotten the Grey's Anatomy/MSAR combo pack before, though my dad was a bit confused about the first gift. What can you do, its a good show.

I'm way smarter than that. I got a great deal on a 214. :)