So what's cooking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmtran

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I had nothing better to do today, so I cooked a huge meal for the family + 2 desserts (apple crisp and fruit salad), and no one's home to eat. This is one of those times when I have roommates to indulge, or several of you guys around...lol.

So anyways, I was just curious how you guys are doing with midterms and all. Best of luck with everything.

Home alone,
Mai

Members don't see this ad.

midterms have been endless they started like 2 weeks ago.. and its been continous.. and htis upcoming week is going to be the worst of all.. but after this..our 1 week rotations start..so we get a bit of a break..btw anyone ever gone to or worked in a pharmacy at SAM's club? is it busy? or slack?

We don't even have a fridge in my house yet. one of my housemates had to borrow my bed so his gf could stay the night (i know, i know 'gross' yada yada) We don't have bathmats and our dining room table has the two chairs that i got w/it at salvation army, a roller chair from an ex gf's best friend, and an office chair that i got at a garage sale for $5.

I will say that my house is remarkable clean. That's the one thing i demand.

Members don't see this ad :)
We got a fridge. I made thai shrimp curry. it was quite tasty, yet didn't run my income stream dry. i'm getting better at this being poor thing everyday.

Oh yeah and don't forget about the chicken of the sea lunch packs (tuna, mayo, relish, crackers, and mint for $1.50 at Sav-on. They're not on strike right now, so that makes it even more convenient.)

I realize this is a little off-topic -- but how is the supermarket strike affecting you Cali peeps?

supermarket strike? mind sparing some details?

Originally posted by hmtran
supermarket strike? mind sparing some details?

yup, they are on strike and there is a transit strike too. it doesn't effect northern california, thankfully, so i haven't been impacted. but i was in los angeles last week and saw all the deserted stores and the picketers. and the freeways were even more crowded. anyway, here's a few links to info, and maybe tri and some of the other socal folks can weigh in.

here's a general thing on the supermarket strike:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...ts_alt_afp/us_supermarket_strike_031013195233

you can read the union's opinion here:
http://www.ufcw.org

Yeah i'm all over unions and supporting labor, so i've been trying really hard to avoid the stores that are striking. it sucked though, the first day of the strike last week, I had to go to Ralph's three times. The strikers were gonna jump me.

in so cal we've got transit, grocery, and a sheriff's dept striking all at once. very nice.