All Branch Topic (ABT) So who is transferring to the Space Force?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mace1370

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious as to everyone’s speculations. Do you think the space force will have physicians? Would you transfer if the option was presented to you? I’m happy where I am now, but surely some people would be willing to jump ship if given the option.

Members don't see this ad.

Curious as to everyone’s speculations. Do you think the space force will have physicians? Would you transfer if the option was presented to you? I’m happy where I am now, but surely some people would be willing to jump ship if given the option.

Lucky bastards at the PHS are probably going to get those billets.

Reactions: 1 user
Would the PRT be in zero g? Would they still have to do ESAMS and NKO stuff? This Space Force idea is terrible in my opinion. Space is not an American or Chinese or Russian endeavor. Its a joint mankind endeavor. The idea of militarizing space turns my stomach.

Members don't see this ad :)
Combined with the news that scientists predict creating a non-avian dinosaur within 5 years, I’m predicting this is our future:

609D5DEE-D5C7-49D4-A2EA-629172E82949.jpeg

Would the PRT be in zero g? Would they still have to do ESAMS and NKO stuff? This Space Force idea is terrible in my opinion. Space is not an American or Chinese or Russian endeavor. Its a joint mankind endeavor. The idea of militarizing space turns my stomach.

I'm hoping since NASA got gutted during the previous administration, that perhaps they will bring as many of the NASA folks over as direct commissioned officers, make the rest who want to stay DOD contract civilians, increase the NASA budget, and fold them into the Air Force space command.

Space might be a mankind endeavor, but not everyone wants to share and play nice. If they did it would be great, but hey humans are by nature greedy. I just keep thinking we are back to Star Wars under Ronnie Raygun era!

I have to believe there is support among the strategic missile community and others (e.g., ballistic missile defense, NRO, Geospatial Intelligence Agency) that have been sidelined in the post-SAC Air Force where the shift has gone toward air combat and special operations support. The idea is hardly strange; the Soviets had their Strategic Rocket Forces separate from their Air Force.

I suspect the "Space Force" will be a largely civilian employee and contractor-staffed entity. It wouldn't surprise me if they had zero medical personnel, using contractors or joint medical facilities where available.

Took me a year between going to the recruiter the first time and shipping out. Don’t hold your breathe lol.

Well as of December it will be 2 years from first contact with recruiter.

Just waiting for the process to finish. Trying to keep the faith and have patience.

Yikes. What’s taking so long? Any idea?

No open slots for reserves. No one seems to know when/if they will accept more this year or if I will be waiting until the next fiscal year and then pulled off the order of merit list.

Hurry up and wait.