SOAP 2019 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
18 minutes

Just got off the phone with another FM, first call was with a 3rd year resident but he say the coordinator and PD are also going to call me today.

Do you mind revealing your stats and if you took the USMLE?

Members don't see this ad.

18 minutes

Just got off the phone with another FM, first call was with a 3rd year resident but he say the coordinator and PD are also going to call me today.

Thank you! Sounds like its going well. Did you apply broadly for FM or in your region?

Hopefully we all get some call action soon.

Edit: Just got an email regarding new SOAP schedule: Programs will contact people tomorrow as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Sounds like its going well. Did you apply broadly for FM or in your region?

Hopefully we all get some call action soon.

Edit: Just got an email regarding new SOAP schedule: Programs will contact people tomorrow as well.
Fairly regionally. 16 programs, all mid-west-ish

Reactions: 2 users
No calls :(

US IMG, usmle step 1 / 2 230 (1st attempt) 218 (2nd attempt) CS pass (first attempt)

None yet. No idea how late PDs are willing to make calls until they go for tomorrow.

None yet. No idea how late PDs are willing to make calls until they go for tomorrow.
I just got an email from my dean who is a former PD saying be ready to take calls until 10 PM.

:shrug:

Stay strong those of you still waiting. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
suddenly a weird area code and number popped up on my phone as it rang and........it was a spam call :(. of all times. way to mess with me.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my first call!! FM program

Reactions: 8 users
No calls yet
US IMG (Internal medicine categorical and prelim)

Emotionally drained. I bet all of us are.

I’m
I just got an email from my dean who is a former PD saying be ready to take calls until 10 PM.

Stay strong those of you still waiting. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for everyone.
I hope so.

suddenly a weird area code and number popped up on my phone as it rang and........it was a spam call :(. of all times. way to mess with me.

I have gotten 2 spam calls and a doctors appointment confirmation(from a hospital number) and might have had mini heart attacks on all occasions. o_O

10 pm ET? What time zone are you in?

This is very stressful... I already assumed that I would get no calls during SOAP but it's still giving me major anxiety

Can preceptors who wrote LORs for a candidate contact the program to vouch for the candidate or will it be violating the nrmp policy?

Can preceptors who wrote LORs for a candidate contact the program to vouch for the candidate or will it be violating the nrmp policy?
I believe it’s a violation until they contact you first. Once you get interview you can unleash all your army to them.

Can anyone post if you are a foreign img (requiring visa) and got a call please? Thank you in advance.

Violation. You can’t have anyone on your behalf initiate contact

Can anyone post if you are a foreign img (requiring visa) and got a call please? Thank you in advance.
Be patient US IMG here zero calls so far. You have all day tomorrow to receive interviews.

Nothing yet for me. I had a step 2 cs failure with no new scores yet... my advisor said thats likely what derailed me in the match, and drops me to "less than a coin-flip" for SOAP.

2vw10j.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Apps literally opened maybe 3-4 hours ago, combine that with frustrated PDs and I think people have called it a day by 5

No calls yet either, but keeping my hopes up until tomorrow :thumbup: