socialism

Started by mille125
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're not willing to provide the source of your graph it is irrelevant.

Of course biden and the democrats tightened up border security to win the election. I agree trump told republicans to kill it on political reasons. And no I don't have to "prove" biden decided to tighten the border for political reasons....because the election was coming soon. It's common sense. The liberal left the border wide open in hopes of getting votes from illegal aliens. They only tightened when they perceived the threat to keeping the presidency.
You provide me with real evidence to the contrary, I don't have to prove common sense, such as the sky is blue or fat people eat too much.
If that is how you approach a debate, then not worth discussing much with you
I dont believe that anyone disputes anything in the graph. It was from the LATimes but the NYT and BBC and probably many others have similar graphs showing the same thing.
 
If you're not willing to provide the source of your graph it is irrelevant.

Of course biden and the democrats tightened up border security to win the election. I agree trump told republicans to kill it on political reasons. And no I don't have to "prove" biden decided to tighten the border for political reasons....because the election was coming soon. It's common sense. The liberal left the border wide open in hopes of getting votes from illegal aliens. They only tightened when they perceived the threat to keeping the presidency.
You provide me with real evidence to the contrary, I don't have to prove common sense, such as the sky is blue or fat people eat too much.
If that is how you approach a debate, then not worth discussing much with you
Not insulting your common sense but the sky is actually purple as the sky is visably rich in violet light. Human retinal cone cells are far less sensitive to violet light than they are to blue light. Our eyes and brain blend the scattered light signals, and because our blue-detecting cones and overall visual processing centers respond more strongly to the blue spectrum, we register the sky as blue. You probably learned this in physics class or med school but probably forgot, 🙂.

It is really sad to hear a smart physician say strongly like "fat people eat too much" You obviously know that a host of medical conditions including hypothyroidism, polycystic ovary syndrome as well certain medications such as steroids or antidepressantsc can cause weight gain even with normal eating habits. Yet...you say what you say.
 
After 2 years of hormone therapy, trans women show little to no advantage over cis women in tests like running 1.5 miles or number of sit-ups.

By 4 years on hormone therapy, performance differences in studied metrics tend to disappear.
Wow, this is why the lefties are labeled crazy. Sometimes you just have to use logic and some crap study just prove your point.

Lebron James, 18 yrs old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are really telling me that he has no advantage over anyone in the WNBA?
Michael Phelps, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not break very single record he competes in?
Mike Tyson, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not put every woman he boxes in the hospital?

This is why the left are insufferable and just can't admit something that is plain to see. It is like arguing the earth is flat, just insane to even debate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, this is why the lefties are labeled crazy. Sometimes you just have to use logic and some crap study just prove your point.

Lebron James, Yo18 yrs old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are really telling me that he has no advantage over anyone in the WNBA?
Michael Phelps, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not break very single record he competes in?
Mike Tyson, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not put every woman he boxes in the hospital?

This is why the left are insufferable and just can't admit something that is plain to see. It is like arguing the earth is flat, just insane to even debate.
Why so salty and angry, man? Take a deep breath. This is one of the least important arguments and issues that we as a country will face. It is definitely not important another to get your panties in a bunch.

I could care less about this issue but it is clear that many of you are hot and bothered by it. I am just quoting the studies that are there. You don't have to like them but that is what they say. You are a man of science are you not? Put your feelings aside and look at the data if you want to be objective. If your common sense is so evident and powerful wouldn't there be something showing a higher rate of injury of cis woman from trans woman competing. Show me something. Anything.....

You then list three of the most incredible athletes in their sport and asked what would happen if they got hormone blocks. Its all hypothetical but they would likely still be amazing athletes. In your haste and anger you probably missed me saying that there are individual variances in trans athletes and cis athletes.

You can continue to be hot and bothered about this issue that is not important and has no data supporting your side. I am moving to more important things.
 
Last edited:
Wow, this is why the lefties are labeled crazy. Sometimes you just have to use logic and some crap study just prove your point.

Lebron James, 18 yrs old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are really telling me that he has no advantage over anyone in the WNBA?
Michael Phelps, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not break very single record he competes in?
Mike Tyson, 18 yr old, takes 2-4 yrs of hormone therapy. You are telling me he would not put every woman he boxes in the hospital?

This is why the left are insufferable and just can't admit something that is plain to see. It is like arguing the earth is flat, just insane to even debate.
It's kinda scary how much these guys use "studies" without any supplemental logic or common sense. This is what I'm afraid AI will also do.
 
It's kinda scary how much these guys use "studies" without any supplemental logic or common sense. This is what I'm afraid AI will also do.
So in other words we should just assume that cis women get injured more readily when trans women are competing instead of actually looking to see if it happens? Its common sense, huh?

Our woman definitiely need to be protected by our strong Republican men from the bogeyman, right?
 
Why so salty and angry, man? Take a deep breath. This is one of the least important arguments and issues that we as a country will face. It is definitely not important another to get your panties in a bunch.

I could care less about this issue but it is clear that many of you are hot and bothered by it. I am just quoting the studies that are there. You don't have to like them but that is what they say. You are a man of science are you not? Put your feelings aside and look at the data if you want to be objective. If your common sense is so evident and powerful wouldn't there be something showing a higher rate of injury of cis woman from trans woman competing. Show me something. Anything.....

You then list three of the most incredible athletes in their sport and asked what would happen if they got hormone blocks. Its all hypothetical but they would likely still be amazing athletes. In your haste and anger you probably missed me saying that there are individual variances in trans athletes and cis athletes.

You can continue to be hot and bothered about this issue that is not important and has no data supporting your side. I am moving to more important things.
The classic tactic of not basing your crazy ideology on facts and then brushing it over by calling someone angry. I am far from angry.

I am just pointing out facts to a flat earther and you essentially anchoring on some "study" that it has to be flat. There is a reason I do not argue with lefties, they always pull out some "study" to make it indisputable.

If you are anchored that 2-4 yrs of transitioning essentially takes away any advantage let me just give you one easy example without some unsubstantiated study.

Lia Thomas pre transition was a Penn Male swimmer. 200m race. His best time was 1:39, NCAA men champion 1:30 or about 9 seconds, NCAA Mens record 1:28. He was not even close to being able to compete. He was not considered an elite NCAA male swimmer.

Lia Thomas Post transition was a Penn female swimmer. 200m race. Her best time was 1:41, NCAA womens record 1:39 or about 2 seconds.

Fact is He was no where near an elite swimmer competing against males but then suddenly became an elite swimmer post transitioning competing against females.

I am sure you will explain this away with some weird fact just like flat earthers do. Your just an odd person spending all your time debating everyone on this thread.
 
I don’t know why we are torpedoing our country over a handful of trans athletes. I would prefer no one played sports ever again so that we can move on to things that actually matter.
 
I don’t know why we are torpedoing our country over a handful of trans athletes. I would prefer no one played sports ever again so that we can move on to things that actually matter.
The NCAA said there are about 10 trans athletes out of 500000 again showing how silly this whole discussion is.
 
The classic tactic of not basing your crazy ideology on facts and then brushing it over by calling someone angry. I am far from angry.

I am just pointing out facts to a flat earther and you essentially anchoring on some "study" that it has to be flat. There is a reason I do not argue with lefties, they always pull out some "study" to make it indisputable.

If you are anchored that 2-4 yrs of transitioning essentially takes away any advantage let me just give you one easy example without some unsubstantiated study.

Lia Thomas pre transition was a Penn Male swimmer. 200m race. His best time was 1:39, NCAA men champion 1:30 or about 9 seconds, NCAA Mens record 1:28. He was not even close to being able to compete. He was not considered an elite NCAA male swimmer.

Lia Thomas Post transition was a Penn female swimmer. 200m race. Her best time was 1:41, NCAA womens record 1:39 or about 2 seconds.

Fact is He was no where near an elite swimmer competing against males but then suddenly became an elite swimmer post transitioning competing against females.

I am sure you will explain this away with some weird fact just like flat earthers do. Your just an odd person spending all your time debating everyone on this thread.

There is a whole lot more to the Lia Thomas vs Gaines controversy.

For the 10th time, I am stating that this issue is of no importance to me and has little meaning in the grand scheme of things. The right continues to want to dig their heels on something that affects literally a handful of athletes and then go on to try to widely discriminate against them. We all know why their focus is here and not on something important. They have messed up everything important with poor policies and feckless people running them.

Trans gender athletes make up less than 0.002% of all college athletes.

You are welcome to your views. I am not going to call you names like you did above to me. I will just leave you with the same question that I posed to bedrock before you jumped in which remains unanswered. That question is if this issue is so important to right wingers why havent they put together a comprehensive study that support their views? It is not hard to do. It has been studied and the results are what I mentioned earlier. I know that you dont like them. I cant help you there.

Peace be with you.
 
There is a whole lot more to the Lia Thomas vs Gaines controversy.

For the 10th time, I am stating that this issue is of no importance to me and has little meaning in the grand scheme of things. The right continues to want to dig their heels on something that affects literally a handful of athletes and then go on to try to widely discriminate against them. We all know why their focus is here and not on something important. They have messed up everything important with poor policies and feckless people running them.

Trans gender athletes make up less than 0.002% of all college athletes.

You are welcome to your views. I am not going to call you names like you did above to me. I will just leave you with the same question that I posed to bedrock before you jumped in which remains unanswered. That question is if this issue is so important to right wingers why havent they put together a comprehensive study that support their views? It is not hard to do. It has been studied and the results are what I mentioned earlier. I know that you dont like them. I cant help you there.

Peace be with you.
I agree. Fun to discuss maybe, but of no actual importance. Just a distraction from the rest of the problems we face.
I would only care if my daughter was beat up/injured in a sports competition by a man. If my doc was trans- who cares. As long as they are good at their job.