Some People at Interviews are Annoying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TomWestmanRules

MD Supplicant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of you sure have been annoying on my interview circuit so far.

At one interview, the Admissions Person was giving us an overview of our day and this annoying chick asked a question regarding where Thank You notes should be sent to after the interview. What a *****.

At another interview, I had to watch some smug Guido pre-med prick talk to some of the girls being interviewed: "Yo I got new rims on my car, so how bout you make out with my tongue ring."

Members don't see this ad.

At one interview, the Admissions Person was giving us an overview of our day and this annoying chick asked a question regarding where Thank You notes should be sent to after the interview. What a *****.

At another interview, I had to watch some smug Guido pre-med prick talk to some of the girls being interviewed: "Yo I got new rims on my car, so how bout you make out with my tongue ring."

I can't believe that actually happened!!! :eek:
I wish my interviews were as exciting as yours.

clearly the guido dude is in this process for all the wrong reasons.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
so a-holes like this get interviews and I don't? aaah, such is life. And what's with the ethnic slurs? This mick finds it offensive...

Everyone is annoying everywhere. Why should pre-meds be any different? Damnit, you know whats annoying, people complaining about other annoying people. Meta-annoyance is the purest form of annoyance!

Are people who are getting interviews really that stupid...thats ridiculous...

And what's with the ethnic slurs? This mick finds it offensive...

So does this goose stepping, bratwurst eating, jackboot wearing kraut.... :laugh:

That's just silly.

I think I was there for the thank-you note girl. Unless that's a common obsession.
Have you seen the number of threads on this topic? I think it's a common obsession but most of us have common sense to not suck up in a remora-like fashion at interviews.

no trust me some of the people you'll meet at interviews are jackasses. the sad thing is, a lot of them will get in, whereas you might not...

Have you seen the number of threads on this topic? I think it's a common obsession but most of us have common sense to not suck up in a remora-like fashion at interviews.

Strangely, now that I think about it "thank you note girl" might have been the same one that brought up sdn, or else they were sitting near to each other.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd totally make out with that guy if those rims were spinners.

a girl showed up to my interview in spike patent leather high heels in a skirt with no nylons... and a TON of makeup. then she bragged to us about her GW interview... I was like yeah, another medical school you won't be getting into, mcstripper heels.

LOL. I would have NEVER thought someone would dedicate a site to that.

i don't like NYC because of people like that. i'll take a frat daddy ANY day to a "guido" as i just learned they are called.

My friend from NYC claims that this is an accurate description of the aforementioned term. It is a description of a shallow, self-centered, material culture rather than a ethnic slur...
Yeah, the power of identity via naming of self and all that sociology stuff. "I'm Italian American, but when they say guido, they're not talking about me, they're talking about them..." It's sad. One way to feel less affected by racial slurs is to convince yourself it doesn't affect you.

Chris Rock used to have a riff about how he's not a ni**er, because he feels that term belongs to blacks of low class, who beat their wives, do drugs, and don't support their kids.

I wouldn't drop the n-word in front of black folks I know and say, "but hey, I don't mean you." And there's lots of neighborhoods in NYC where dropping terms like guido would be crass as well.

Good rule of thumb: wait to toss around ethnic slurs a long time, unless you're from that ethnic category.

How about we all take cameras/camera phones to the interviews and take snap shots of these characters. Then post them here as a resource for all interviewing SDNers.

Everyone is annoying everywhere. Why should pre-meds be any different? Damnit, you know whats annoying, people complaining about other annoying people. Meta-annoyance is the purest form of annoyance!

Also, I find it funny that one poster was complaining about how annoying it is when people b!itch about other people being annoying. I found that very annoying... but not in the cyclic, "let's be funny" way. More of a "he doesn't realize he is one of them" way.

How about we all take cameras/camera phones to the interviews and take snap shots of these characters.
Choice idea. Although those characters would probably be going to their own premed web-boards and starting threads "Some freak started taking photos before our interviews??? WTF???"