Someone got lucky, don't know who.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mademoiselle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:laugh: Last thursday 08/03, I called Texas tech and told them I wasn't coming. Going through some very difficult times. probably not my time to start. so my spot had to be given to someone else. it was the last minute. Congrats, if you were that person, who got pulled off the waiting list. Am sorry that you had so little time to prepare since orientation started on Monday 08/07. I wish i had known much earlier that I will not make. I didn't get any deferment. I may have to reapply next here. hopefully, I can take care of all my trouble by then. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Awww... that must've been hard to give up your seat. I hope everything will work out for you. Good luck.

same here...I had to give up my seat (at Loma Linda) because of hard times. I am asking to defer..hopefully they'll let it slide. I understand how you feel but don't give up!!Best of Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
shanepark said:
same here...I had to give up my seat (at Loma Linda) because of hard times. I am asking to defer..hopefully they'll let it slide. I understand how you feel but don't give up!!Best of Luck!!

Shanepark,

When did you call LLU? I really really really want your seat. I called them Tuesday and they said that no one has given up their seat yet, 65 spots still in remain.

I emailed them like 3 weeks ago. I'm in the process of asking for deferrment. Yea, hopefully u get the seat. Good luck to ya.

shanepark said:

Glad to know I'm not alone :) I had to give up my seat at Mercer a couple of weeks ago and cannot defer, so it's back to the "drawing board" for me. Hang in there guys... things are bound to get better eventually, right?

shanepark said:

oh god loma linda. they have a small pharmacy class from what i have heard. sorry you had to give that up!

mademoiselle said:
:laugh: Last thursday 08/03, I called Texas tech and told them I wasn't coming. Going through some very difficult times. probably not my time to start. so my spot had to be given to someone else. it was the last minute. Congrats, if you were that person, who got pulled off the waiting list. Am sorry that you had so little time to prepare since orientation started on Monday 08/07. I wish i had known much earlier that I will not make. I didn't get any deferment. I may have to reapply next here. hopefully, I can take care of all my trouble by then. :thumbup:

Hey, I bet I know who got your spot. There is a girl at bootcamp that found out she was accepted a week ago today. She spent this last week in a hotel room and got an apartment yesterday afternoon. It's too bad you couldn't make it with us this year, but I'm sure... whatever her name is :rolleyes: is plenty happy to have spent a week in a hotel for this :thumbup:

I just gave up my spot at VCU....going to different grad school in florida...hooray last minute decisions

UVaWahoo said:
I just gave up my spot at VCU....going to different grad school in florida...hooray last minute decisions

Grad school as in not pharmacy school?