1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Someone got lucky, don't know who.

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by mademoiselle, Aug 9, 2006.

1. mademoiselle

mademoiselle Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    :laugh: Last thursday 08/03, I called Texas tech and told them I wasn't coming. Going through some very difficult times. probably not my time to start. so my spot had to be given to someone else. it was the last minute. Congrats, if you were that person, who got pulled off the waiting list. Am sorry that you had so little time to prepare since orientation started on Monday 08/07. I wish i had known much earlier that I will not make. I didn't get any deferment. I may have to reapply next here. hopefully, I can take care of all my trouble by then. :thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Awww... that must've been hard to give up your seat. I hope everything will work out for you. Good luck.

4. shanepark

shanepark Member
    5+ Year Member

same here...I had to give up my seat (at Loma Linda) because of hard times. I am asking to defer..hopefully they'll let it slide. I understand how you feel but don't give up!!Best of Luck!!

5. manapharm

manapharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Shanepark,

When did you call LLU? I really really really want your seat. I called them Tuesday and they said that no one has given up their seat yet, 65 spots still in remain.

6. shanepark

shanepark Member
    5+ Year Member

I emailed them like 3 weeks ago. I'm in the process of asking for deferrment. Yea, hopefully u get the seat. Good luck to ya.

7. Julianne

Julianne War Eagle!!
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

Glad to know I'm not alone :) I had to give up my seat at Mercer a couple of weeks ago and cannot defer, so it's back to the "drawing board" for me. Hang in there guys... things are bound to get better eventually, right?

8. pharmwannebe2

pharmwannebe2 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    oh god loma linda. they have a small pharmacy class from what i have heard. sorry you had to give that up!

9. Jbuprepharm

Jbuprepharm The Poopsmith
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist

Hey, I bet I know who got your spot. There is a girl at bootcamp that found out she was accepted a week ago today. She spent this last week in a hotel room and got an apartment yesterday afternoon. It's too bad you couldn't make it with us this year, but I'm sure... whatever her name is :rolleyes: is plenty happy to have spent a week in a hotel for this :thumbup:

10. UVaWahoo

UVaWahoo Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I just gave up my spot at VCU....going to different grad school in florida...hooray last minute decisions

11. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Grad school as in not pharmacy school?