SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

something on the side...

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rxrxrx, Apr 25, 2007.

1. rxrxrx

rxrxrx New Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2006
    i was wondering if anybody had thought about doing something on the side in addition to pharmacy (i.e. start/continue family business, freelance work, construction, etc) once they graduate and start working.

it seems to me that pharmacy is a field that lends itself to this kind of stuff since most jobs have the normal 40 hour work week and don't have the traveling requirements like some business fields.

just wanted to hear some stories of how people plan on doing that.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I have to admit the title of your thread made me just exactly you wanted on the side;) .....

Seriously.....pm Zpak - he has a business on the side & he's very accomplished in the field of pharmacy.

Good luck!

4. Farmercyst

Farmercyst On with the Poodles already Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

What????:confused:

;)

5. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2005
    determination, deliberation, declaration....whatever.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

talk to Zpak - he knows about sides:p

6. endurance

endurance 5+ Year Member

Mar 23, 2007
    I was thinking of maybe going into real estate. I know a few pharmacists who've done it. I haven't looked into it too much though.

7. ufgator

ufgator 2+ Year Member

Jan 26, 2007
    I'm also going into real estate. I'm taking a class and the exam this summer before i start classes at UF.