Source of Motivation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TechMan

Dreams Stuff are Made of.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
<html>
<blink>Hello everyone.</blink>
</html>

Members don't see this ad.

Well, since my html didn't work, heh. I thought i'd ask everyone what their source of motivation is. I am just taking a break from studying by reading this message board and was wondering what everyone uses as a source of motivation to study. Its halfway through the semester and I am about ready to die from all the work.

For me, it's the "light at the end of the tunnel" theory....I keep telling myself that all this hard work HAS to (just HAS to) pay off!!!
wink.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I think one can go crazy if all they think about is getting into med school. I just try to find somethink I like about the subject. Like, thinking of how amazing it is that these physics calculations can tell you how far the moon is. etc. Just try to find something unique on the subject and tell yourself you CAN get an A on the test. Do your best and treat yourself when you get that A.

I deprive myself of the necessities - beer, music, etc. - for the 10 days or so before a test. The amount of aforementioned things that I indulge in after the test is proportional to how well I do on the test (A=lots of beer - D=no beer). Works like magic (and keeps all distractions away during study time).