South University - Savannah, GA Accepted Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SouthernBadger

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. I am curious who else has been accepted so far to South University - Savannah, GA campus. I just moved down to Savannah after christmas and was wondering if any other prospective pharm. students also live in the area? If not, see you once classes start up.
 
I have been accepted, however I am not positive I am going there yet. I have the chance to go to a state school where tuition is half the cost of South. I have been struggling trying to decide which to attend! I really liked the faculty at South and would love to graduate a year earlier, but don't like how far in debt I will be upon graduation.
 
Yeah tuition can be a big factor in deciding. Although I am sure you are weighing all the consequences, consider the one year you graduate sooner and begin working. Instead of taking more loans longer and paying more housing, you will be making money instead.... the opportunity cost is huge. Good Luck on your decision!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this is for accepted students, but I just wanted to say I really hope I get an interview at South. It would be so great to be done in 3 years instead of 4!!
 
I just received an email yesterday inviting me for an interview on Feb 12th. Is there anyone one on here that will be there the same day?
 
Has South received everything from you (supplemental + fees)? I got a call to schedule an interview only one day after I received an email stating that my application was complete.

This kind of worries me; I sent in my supplemental app and fee in AUGUST and never received any confirmation that they received it all, however my check was cashed. I kept getting emails from them saying to retake the PCAT, but that is the only emails I have received. Now I am confused; was there something else I was supposed to do? I filled out the supplemental and mailed it with a check. I guess I am going to have to call them tomorrow.
 
Congratulations for those of you who are going to be interviewing! In response to Tatodotcom, I am sure people have different opinions... but I have heard only great things about this school. I moved down to Savannah after graduation in December and everyone here raves about the college. During my interview I was told that they have over 1000 applicants and they only accept ~60-70 (i think, I don't remember the exact numbers) for the Savannah campus. So I doubt that people who have 30s composite PCAT are really accepted, although I can't prove one way or another. 30s composite is low but schools consider a lot more than just GPA and PCAT. As for the money, it is expensive compared to state institutions. But I am an out-of-state applicant anyways, so the price as compared to a 4 year school is actually reasonable. Its cheaper than Michigan per year and its one year less of a program! Anyways just my two cents to give people some encouragement about the program. Good Luck.
 
They sent me the application complete email one week after PharmCAS mailed my application. I sent my supplemental the same day I e-submitted my PharmCAS application. You might just want to make sure they have your updated PCAT score if you retook it and improved.

Well, I called them today and said my file was complete. I don't know what they're waiting for. =/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I was accepted to SUSOP a few weeks ago and am SO excited! I also don't know anyone in the program or in Savannah (I'm from Virginia!) so feel free to message me so I can get to know people before classes start!
 
Hi everyone! I was accepted to SUSOP a few weeks ago and am SO excited! I also don't know anyone in the program or in Savannah (I'm from Virginia!) so feel free to message me so I can get to know people before classes start!

I just got my acceptance letter last week. I am very excited to go there! I'm coming from the Gainesville area.
 
hey guys, hopefully any of you will check this thread again. I just wanted to ask how the program is going and how tough is it considering it's 3 years non-stop?
 
Another question, do you guys consider the area immediately around SU to be safe? I have been reading some horrific things like high crime rates about Savannah. I don't know the area at all, so if anyone can clear it up I'd greatly appreciate it!
 
I have lived in Savannah and surrounding areas all my life, its great. There is always a bad part of town, and we def. have one, but southside savannah, where the school is located, is a great place!
 
i just got a email to interview Dec 2 on Savannah campus. Do you guys have some ideal, and what kind question i should ask interviewer?