Southern Illinois University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I sent them my secondary application + fee (delivered June 11th) and submitted my AADSAS on June 16th midnight, but still haven't received any updates.

Has anyone received updates on their application from SIUE yet? (i.e. AADSAS received, Application complete, etc.)

Sorry if I'm antsy. SIUE is my no.1 choice for dental school so I'm pretty nervous.

Edit: Received an email back, they will send out confirmations on Friday and/or Monday

Last edited:
I sent them my secondary application + fee (delivered June 11th) and submitted my AADSAS on June 16th midnight, but still haven't received any updates.

Has anyone received updates on their application from SIUE yet? (i.e. AADSAS received, Application complete, etc.)

Sorry if I'm antsy. SIUE is my no.1 choice for dental school so I'm pretty nervous.

Edit: Received an email back, they will send out confirmations on Friday and/or Monday

I applied last year. Submitted my app mid June, got email confirmations from Angela 6/25 stating that they got my application and that they are not going to even start reviewing apps until August. I was invited to interview 8/21 (the first round of interviews). My guess is that they might even wait until later in the cycle for interviews because they are still trying to figure out what to do with their current students during COVID, I wouldn't expect to hear a peep until Fall :(

It sucks, but its a longggggggg journey and you're only at the very beginning. I devoured the previous years forums and interview tips while I waited to hear back. I hope you can find something to kill time. Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any questions (I start D1 there next month).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School: SIUE
Notification date: 9/16/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: sometime in July
GPA (overall, science): 3.2, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/22/21/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/24
Method of Interview: Zoom

Last edited:
Interview #5
School: SIU
Notification date: Sept 16
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (overall, science): 3.36, 3.36, informal post-bac: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/29 QR 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/25
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/16/2020
Residency: Illinois
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: July
GPA (overall, science): 3.77,3.90
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/27/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/29

Interview #1
Notification Date: 9/17/2020
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
GPA (overall, science): 3.70, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/26/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/8, 10/12

Interview #3
Notification date: 9/29/2020
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (overall, science): 3.12, 2.85 (Should be a bit higher with the classes I just took) Post-Bacc GPA: 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/10

Anyone else who had their interview had their status change from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Application Complete?"

Does anyone know what the writing assignment is like? How is the feel for the interview?

Anyone else who had their interview had their status change from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Application Complete?"
What does it mean when you application changes to “Received /Application complete?”

Has anyone completed the writing assignment? If so, how was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Did anyone's status change on their AADSAS portal for SIU? Or is it still "received/ Application complete" since you interviewed?

Hello! Did anyone's status change on their AADSAS portal for SIU? Or is it still "received/ Application complete" since you interviewed?
Mine changed from “invited to interview” to “received/application complete”

Mine changed from “invited to interview” to “received/application complete”
Okay, yes mine did that too and now it is still on "received/application complete". I just wanted to double-check and confirm with someone on here too that you guys have the same. So, thank you!

Congrats to people who got accepted! Anybody else got the acceptance?

Is there a Facebook group for class of 2025? Would love to make one if there isn’t!!! :)

Hi all!! I got in as well! Was wondering if anyone would be up to start a group chat on group me or something?? I don’t have Facebook and would love to connect!
That sounds great!! I agree :) If you guys start one up, please add me on it too. Would love to connect with you all! And congratulations!!

To whoever already made the deposit, could you please let me know where to send the transcripts to? I didn't see a designated address for that on the matriculation check list. Thank you.

To whoever already made the deposit, could you please let me know where to send the transcripts to? I didn't see a designated address for that on the matriculation check list. Thank you.
Hey!

for paper:
SIU School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Services
2800 College Ave, Building 273
Alton, IL 62002

For electronic:
mailto: [email protected]

Also, if you haven’t, join our Facebook group and group me group!!! :)

Hey!

for paper:
SIU School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Services
2800 College Ave, Building 273
Alton, IL 62002

For electronic:
mailto: [email protected]

Also, if you haven’t, join our Facebook group and group me group!!! :)
Can you invite me to the groups as well?? :)

Hello, has anyone heard from the admissions committee if you were not accepted on dec 15? Do they have any spots open? Is there still a chance to get in this cycle? Thanks in advance!

Yeah there is a chance so they have only accepted half of their class on the 15th

Have they done a second round of acceptances yet?
I called and they said they will meet to discuss next round in late January or Early February.
Decisions will probably go out mid Feb like Mrpva said

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 1/14/21 and just got in this afternoon! I will be mailing in my formal acceptance this weekend. Stats for those interested:

Non-traditional: 8+ years as a Materials Engineer, graduated in 2012

In State, grew up in Illinois, went to University of Minnesota, lived in Milwaukee for 3 years, back in Chicago for the last 5.

Application Submission: 9/9/20

GPA 2.63 (2.43 undergrad, 4.0 post bacc)

DAT: AA 26, PAT 21, QR 30, RC 23, Bio 23, GC 27, OC 25, TS 24

Interview: 1st

Acceptance: 1st

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed 1/14/21 and just got in this afternoon! I will be mailing in my formal acceptance this weekend. Stats for those interested:

In State, grew up in Illinois, went to University of Minnesota, lived in Milwaukee for 3 years, back in Chicago for the last 5.

Woohoo! Congrats :)

Reactions: 1 users

Yay!! Congrats!! Welcome :)

I called and they said they will meet to discuss next round in late January or Early February.
Decisions will probably go out mid Feb like Mrpva said
Does anyone know if they’re done with interviews?

I've checked past years and I don't see anyone claiming that they accepted in mid February. Has anyone whose spoken to admissions or talked with previous students verified that there is a second round or is admissions just filling a few remaining spots that need to be filled between February and April and the vast majority of the class has already been accepted?

Does anyone know if they’re done with interviews?
I talked with one of the professors on admissions. There were apparently some interviews last week, but the professor is "not sure if there will be anymore". Sorry, that is not too helpful, but it sounds like they may be winding down.

Received an acceptance this morning...

Paid both deposits to NYU and about to sign a lease on a condo in NY.

Lol... fml

Received an acceptance this morning...

Paid both deposits to NYU and about to sign a lease on a condo in NY.

Lol... fml
No way. Are you going to stick with NYU? Good thing you haven't signed the lease yet