Spanish Class to graduate (over summer)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabilesmail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a bit of a predicament. To graduate I need one more class Spanish 3 which I have planned for the summer. This class starts in two weeks.

I applied this cycle and have one Alt. Waitlist (almost no chance of an acceptance)

and a UC at Albany (Under Consideration- Kind of like a preliminary waitlist- Didn't get an outright acceptance, almost everyone who doesn't get an outright acceptance is placed on the UC. MANY people are accepted off the UC until early/mid June where they trim it by a ton and create the alternative waitlist.

If I somehow get in, I'm assuming I NEED to take the Spanish 3 class to graduate and matriculate. This class will take up my entire summer.

However, if I don't get in, I plan on staying in school another year to raise my GPA and wanted to take Spanish 3 over Fall because my school charges 6,000$ for a summer class. SUPER expensive and I'd rather spend the summer working/volunteering etc if I DO not need to take the class at that time.

From my understanding, the UC list is ranked and many of us on it are pretty much already rejected at this point but they won't tell us until June. Do you think this situation is enough to ask about my ranking on the UC list and plan accordingly?

Thanks for the help :]

Members don't see this ad.

When do you have to pay for the summer class? I think you're correct that you need to graduate before you can matriculate. Can you take the course at a CC or a cheaper university this summer and transfer the credit? This may be your best option.

Another option, if you don't want to go to Albany or the other schools you're waitlisted at, is to withdraw from all of them and try reapplying if you think you can raise your GPA/better your app for a reapp. Not sure how advisable this scenario is, but you said the other waitlist is probably not a good shot.

However, I think you're definitely warranted to inquire about your status on the UC list at Albany and then go from there.