This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

insaiyan-premed

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could the experts elaborate on how difficult would it be to get into a Cards fellowship, Heme/Onc Fellowship, and a Radiology Residency as a DO student after this new Step 1 being P/F. I'm most likely going to end up in a DO school, and these specialties so far interest me the most. Thank you.
 
All fairly doable, and honestly probably somewhat equal in difficulty although kind of difficult to compare as two are fellowships and can be dependent on where you go for IM residency. My gestalt is that Rads is slowly creeping up in competitiveness again from the charting outcomes of 2018, so we’ll have to see what the 2020 data shows. Just a theory though, I have no data to back that up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to agree with the posters above me. These are all tough to grab, but doable. Places that have historically taken DOs into these will continue to do so. It is hard to compare fellowships across the board because acceptance into them can be highly variable. I do agree with Goro that Diagnostic Rads is probably the easiest path of the three listed.