specialties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted9493

For those of you familiar with MSUCOM, what kind of opportunities do their graduates have within the state of Michigan. I'm all about learning some manipulative medicine but am also interested in doing a hospital based residency (anesthesiology/emergency med./pathology). So, do many of MSUCOM's grads go on to these fields? I know their allopathic school is known for primary care...does this also apply to the osteopathic school? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So there's nobody out there that knows any of this info. about MSUCOM? Hmmm...

I do not know anything specific to MSU COM, but I can tell you that all Osteopathic schools are known for a heavy focus on primary care, but this does not supercede the ability to specialize if you so choose.

HTH

Members don't see this ad :)
MSU-COM is ranked in the top 50 for primary care. I think a good number of graduates go into primary care but the interviewers told me that there are more and more students specializing in different areas.

Hello,

I graduated from MSUCOM and am now a radiologist. I still keep in contact with many of my former fellow students who are now in every concievable field in michigan and the entire country. Including neuro surgery, general surgery, FP, OB, Optho, Ortho, Path, Rads, Anesthesiology, EM etc...

MSUCOM is a great school to go to because of the second to none residency opportunities to be had in michigan in all these areas. I highly recommend MSU if you are considering a DO school. It is very highly thought of in the midwest as well as in surveys of all medical schools in primary care.