Specific BCPM GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetfan49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am registering for next semester courses and wanted to know if certain elective classes would count toward my BCPM gpa. They are listed in my college as core classes but are offered by specific departments.

For example:
Studies in forensic science - chemistry department
Cosmology - physics department
Making of the atomic bomb - chemistry department

What do you think? Would they be counted? Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

:eek:What country do you live in??
political-pictures-greenpeace-communist-russia.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe

Likely

Questionable

In the end you won't know until AMCAS verifies your application. Do you feel like gambling if you need the grades to boost your sGPA?

I definitely need them to boost my sGPA. It is either take these classes or spend $6000 on two online classes at another university. I do not know what to do uhhhhh.

I think they'd probably all count as BCPM, unless that atomic bomb class is more of a history class?

This is the description given of the course:

The history of the development of the atomic bomb. The scientific breakthroughs of the first half of the 20th century that led to it. The political context in which the bomb developed. The personal stories of the leading scientists involved. The moral issues arising from the development and use of the bomb.

The history of the development of the atomic bomb. The scientific breakthroughs of the first half of the 20th century that led to it. The political context in which the bomb developed. The personal stories of the leading scientists involved. The moral issues arising from the development and use of the bomb.
Yeah that one's a little iffy. You could probably put it down as BCPM and leave it up to the mercy of your AMCAS reviewer. I would guess that they'd leave it alone but no one could guarantee it

Yeah that one's a little iffy. You could probably put it down as BCPM and leave it up to the mercy of your AMCAS reviewer. I would guess that they'd leave it alone but no one could guarantee it

Thanks for the advice :)

So I am registering for next semester courses and wanted to know if certain elective classes would count toward my BCPM gpa. They are listed in my college as core classes but are offered by specific departments.

For example:
Studies in forensic science - chemistry department
Cosmology - physics department

What do you think? Would they be counted? Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks.
Is there a lab component to this?

This is clearly not a BCPM class. You can try to list it as one and see what happens though, you may get lucky.