Specific gpa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medschooldream

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everybody,

First off I'd just like to say Hi, I've lurked around this forum for probably a good year now and have learned tons of valuable information. I would say that I'm pretty well informed in terms of what goes on AMCAS. I have not, however, found ANY information about the Project Lead The Way courses. When I was in high school I took 5 of these classes (starting in 9th grade). Let me give you all a little background about these...they are just normal high school classes (taught in the high school classrooms) but at the end instead of a final you take a test that can potentially gain you college credit. AMCAS says that any class taken for credit needs to be counted. While I did gain credit, does it seem right that it wasn't really an official class? I got a C and a B on two of the exams and therefore a C and B in the course. I'm a bit disappointed that this will probably need to be counted in my AMCAS gpa.🙁

It says here that if I send the transcript to another university that the grade will not transfer but will AMCAS see that anyways and count it??

http://www.rit.edu/emcs/pltw/teachers_undergraduatecredit.php

This has really been bugging me for a while. If anybody knows anything about Project lead the way classes or whatnot please share here.
 
Last edited:
Did you count it in your total college credit and GPA? As in, does it appear on your college transcripts? For my AP classes, they were all counted as pass/nopass transfer credits.
 
Bumping this old thread because I have a similar question. I did a project lead the way course (a high school course) and took an exam at the end. My score on the exam was high enough to give me credit for a nearby college, which I got. Do I have to include this on my AMCAS? I read the AMCAS instruction manual and my thinking is no because 1) I was never actually enrolled at that institution 2) I never actually attended the school/was enrolled in a course there. I got 3 credits at the school, but they are not for any sort of course equivalent or anything.