Specific question about VSAS/away rotations site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Don'tStopMeNow

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to check (because I did a forum search and turned up nothing) but are there resources to find out information about away rotations at specific sites?

I'm military, so I match in December and have my interview away rotations/ADTs before September. I'm from MN originally so I worked it out that it would mesh perfectly with my military schedule to do 3 rotations at the University of Minnesota... rather than my home institution. I put in for 6 different internal medicine specialties I am potentially interested in, over the course of September to December... so I think like 19 applications total for the 3 spots I need filled. Bonus would be I could stay with family and save on rent, but really it's just nice for my schedule not having to take random breaks so I can end med school in Feb.

What are my odds of getting 3 rotations at a specific site? Anyone have any experience or no any resources for finding out about this specific institution?

Thanks!