speed-reading course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CareRx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good speed-reading course in NYC area or on Long Island (NY)?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't recommend a good course, but my roommate took one and said it was a waste of time. They basically said to move your eyes faster.

I know very little about courses in NY, but to reply to the other post- I've studied speed reading a little on my own and it upped my verbal mcat score about 3 points, judging from the practice tests I took. Its a matter of learning to use your peripheral vision as you read, and it lets you burn through information at multiple times normal speed w/same (or minimally reduced) comprehension. Takes a lot of energy though- I don't recommend it for pleasure reading!
:cool:
bones

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken a speed reading course twice over the years. It really does help you go faster but you can easily return to your old speed if you don't practice it enough.

In order for speed reading to be effective it takes practice. Unfortunately, most of think it's a quick fix thing right before the MCAT when it really is not.