Spouse's hometown under the ERAS hometown category?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhatIsGoingOn219

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it inappropriate/dishonest if for the hometown category in my ERAS application, I list my husband's hometown? We have no desire to go back to my hometown; rather we're hoping to return to my spouse's hometown. I think of my husband and I as a packaged deal, which is why I'm thinking it's okay for me to list his hometown in my ERAS application. What are your thoughts?

I'm hoping listing my husband's hometown will allow me to get more interviews in that area! And just to clarify, my spouse is not in the medical field so we're not couples matching. I'm applying for residency and he will move with me wherever I match.
 
Is it inappropriate/dishonest if for the hometown category in my ERAS application, I list my husband's hometown? We have no desire to go back to my hometown; rather we're hoping to return to my spouse's hometown. I think of my husband and I as a packaged deal, which is why I'm thinking it's okay for me to list his hometown in my ERAS application. What are your thoughts?

I'm hoping listing my husband's hometown will allow me to get more interviews in that area! And just to clarify, my spouse is not in the medical field so we're not couples matching. I'm applying for residency and he will move with me wherever I match.
I don’t think it’d be dishonest. Since many people list a hometown for various reasons, like if thier parents live there for example. Not only that, you can prbly even list his address as your permanent or current address, most programs don’t even send in snail mail anyway so it doesn’t make a difference.