Spring Admissions (MPH)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A_Garrr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking to begin an MPH program in Spring (January) of 2019. I had initially figured I'd have to wait until the fall, but found out that my top choice (UT Health) regularly admits people to begin full-time in the Spring, with a mid-October application deadline. Does anyone have knowledge as to what other programs may offer the option to begin in the Spring? I'm fairly confident about my chances of getting into UT, but figure that it wouldn't hurt to at least explore other options (+ cast a wider net) if that's something that's available to me.

I appreciate any and all help - thanks so much!

P.S. - I've also noticed that some schools do offer Spring admission, but only for part-time/online students. Would such programs likely allow me to later become a full-time student? If so, that would certainly be a viable option for me as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking to begin an MPH program in Spring (January) of 2019. I had initially figured I'd have to wait until the fall, but found out that my top choice (UT Health) regularly admits people to begin full-time in the Spring, with a mid-October application deadline. Does anyone have knowledge as to what other programs may offer the option to begin in the Spring? I'm fairly confident about my chances of getting into UT, but figure that it wouldn't hurt to at least explore other options (+ cast a wider net) if that's something that's available to me.

I appreciate any and all help - thanks so much!

P.S. - I've also noticed that some schools do offer Spring admission, but only for part-time/online students. Would such programs likely allow me to later become a full-time student? If so, that would certainly be a viable option for me as well.

Tulane is very flexible. They have no strict rules or require any deposit on acceptance of an offer. I was surprised about that because I am an International student and all other places I had admits from needed me to make a large deposit.
I accepted the MPH offer at Tulane and deferred to Spring'19. The admissions coordinator said that there really isn't any disadvantage in deferring to another semester. A current student had reached out to me and the only con she could think of was that there may be a smaller cohort in Spring and therefore less contacts.

You can check about all Spring intakes in the SOPHAS portal. If any of your choices do not have one, then just email the admissions office and ask if they would allow deferring and would there be any disadvantage in doing so at their school.

Reactions: 1 users