nycfella

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Do they go on spring break like undergrads? same time, same culture, etc...

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
pretty much yes...Christmas break is shorter

About the Ads

MedSchoolOrBust

10+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2006
I get around
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah some med schools have spring break. My friends and I are heading to Cancun so I guess it is the same culture as undergrad. In my experience, partying is more intense in med school, not that I didn't party in undergrad either (in fact I am really lucky I did not get cited for the parties in my ugrad apartment).

BigKurz

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
UIC med doesn't have one. It's marked on the UIC (undergrads included) calendar, but a close look at the M1 schedule reveals that class is still in session.

I think it just depends on the school, as stated above.

Hurricane95

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2005
Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
During first and second year, we get three weeks for christmas, and one week for spring break, either in late march or early april. Summer between first and second year is five weeks long. However, after finishing second year, all bets are off. No more summer, winter break is maybe one week, and no spring break. However, from what I hear you get lots of time off during 4th year for interviewing and doing optional away rotations. So all you have to do is survive the hell that is third year and you're home free.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.