spring freshman classes (first semester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miss MD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm registering for classes right now and i just wanted your opinions on the classes I plan on taking, I want to get into a good med school but I'm trying to balance my course schedule so I can do well.

This is my first semester in college so I don't want to take courses that are too demanding, and since I'm on the tennis team (season starts this month), I'd rather wait until the fall to take more demanding ones.

Anyway this is what I have:

General Chem 132 & General Chem 111 (lab)
Humanities 124 (general ed requirement)
HWP 154/Womens Studies (gen ed req & req for the major im interested in)
Psycology 102 (seems interesting)

Any info/advice would be appreciated :D

Members don't see this ad.

13 hrs? Seems fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
14 hours seems like a fine course load for your 1st semester... just remember that 120 hrs are needed to get most degrees so you need an average of 15 hours per semester to graduate in 4 years, but it's perfectly doable to take 16 one semester or go to summer school especially if you are an athlete and want to keep your course load generally light. Good luck!

Its fine for your first semester. Just remember to really work your butt off. That way, you won't have to be doing an 18hr semester + TAship in your post-bacc year. :D

sounds absolutely reasonable for a first semester. As others have said, just realize that you need 15 hours per semester to graduate in 4 years. You can figure out how heavy to make future semesters after this one as you will have had the chance to gauge yourself. Good luck with school and tennis!