ssssssssssssssss

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davethebarbarian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sssssssssssss

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
med school- no. grad school- idk, maybe?

If you're aiming for med school just pick the one you like most, where you can learn a lot and improve your critical thinking skills, and get the highest GPA possible.

I'm actually curious what the heck an "Honors Science" degree would compose of. Is it just taking a bunch of random science courses w/ no theme or reason? It just sounds incredibly hard to market such a degree if you choose not to go to med school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually curious what the heck an "Honors Science" degree would compose of. Is it just taking a bunch of random science courses w/ no theme or reason? It just sounds incredibly hard to market such a degree if you choose not to go to med school.
Basically get all the pre-med reqs done, and then take upper year courses from any specialty. . You get 1-2 minors from it though. Most of the students in the program want to go to the school's optometry or pharmacy school.

No one will care.

Hello, I'm currently a Biology major, but I'm not sure if the required Biology courses I have to take truly interest me. My school has a Bachelors of Science degree called Bachelors of Science in Honors Sciences. Theoretically, it would be the easiest way to get the highest GPA where I can take courses from all science disciplines. There is also another degree called Bachelors of Science in Biomedical Science, which also offers similar flexibility in the courses but more labs (Labs at my college are terrible). Does it matter if I get a degree in Biology, Biomedical Science, or Honors Science when applying to Medical school or going to grad school? I feel that if I switch to Honors Science, the degree is broad and affect admissions to Med School?

Some of the top tier schools might care a little bit if they think that one is less rigorous than the others. if you are in the applicant pool with other students from your school and you have a GPA that is the same as another student but they had a more rigorous course of study, that student will have a slight edge.

Reactions: 1 users