St. Augustine Defer acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedpt4me?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is possible? Specifically to defer to the summer semester for example? Apologies if this is answered somewhere, but I haven't seen it. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted for spring and asked to defer to summer, they said no. They let me carry over my application though and just threw me back in the applicant pool. I'm pretty sure they then forgot about my application... so I got waitlisted for the summer and then eventually accepted again.

I don't think you can defer an acceptance but you can defer your application. I did that when my original interview conflicted with another interview, so I got accepted one trimester later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops, I misspoke. I was accepted for summer and asked to defer to fall. I did see someone on here that was accepted to fall and asked to defer to spring and it was allowed. Not sure if the policy had since changed or it was allowed because spring is less competitive than fall and summer. Good luck, OP.

As owned by a corporation, Laureate Education, USA is more of a business than it has ever been. They are filling seats on a very expensive bus ride, and they are filling it to the max (@ San Marcos campus anyway).
My opinion is that if you if you're meant to go there and you get an interview, you're in. If they don't like you at interview, consider other options. But if you've been accepted, you're good as gold, just make up an excuse to defer your application and start the next term.

I would recommend starting Fall class as those groups tend to be most professional and motivated.