General Admissions & OTCAS St. Augustine OTD May 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ewal541

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

I applied to St. Augustine's OTD program for the May 2019 entry date (San Marcos). I was told that I'd hear back from them in about 6-8 weeks after applying. It's been a few days after the 8 week mark, and I wanted to know if anyone else has heard back yet.

- Erin W

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, everyone!

I applied to St. Augustine's OTD program for the May 2019 entry date (San Marcos). I was told that I'd hear back from them in about 6-8 weeks after applying. It's been a few days after the 8 week mark, and I wanted to know if anyone else has heard back yet.

- Erin W

They just reviewed my application today and they told me I should expect to hear back in 4-5 wks

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you submit your application after the initial due date?

Yes, I initially applied for Fall 2019, but they said they are still taking applications for May, so I requested to have my application moved up

Gotcha. Interesting. Well good luck! Is USA your first choice?

Update: I got an interview for the 27th!

Hi! Did they extend the deadline?? I really want to apply because my GRE is good... but it's pass the deadline.

St. Augustine sometimes accepts applications past the deadline. I know the MOT Fall 2019 program at the San Marcos campus is still accepting applications. I recommend emailing the enrollment adviser at the campus you're interested in and ask if you can still apply. Good luck :)

Hi! Did they extend the deadline?? I really want to apply because my GRE is good... but it's pass the deadline.

Update: I got an interview for the 27th!

Congrats on the interview date! What do you think about the way the curriculum is delivered? At the recent open house, I learned that lectures are online and labs are in-person. I'm not worried about time-management but I do wonder if receiving graduate-level material via my computer is the best learning environment for me. Thoughts?

Congrats on the interview date! What do you think about the way the curriculum is delivered? At the recent open house, I learned that lectures are online and labs are in-person. I'm not worried about time-management but I do wonder if receiving graduate-level material via my computer is the best learning environment for me. Thoughts?

Thank you! I don't think that I'll mind receiving the content via online instruction, however, I guess I won't really know until we get started (if I get in). Is USA your first choice? And if so, what program did you apply to?

I applied to MOT for Fall 2019 start in San Marcos but I haven't seen any threads on it yet so I posted here :) I toured the San Marcos location and, for the most part, I liked what I heard about the program. The only downsides that stood out to me were 1. Online lectures 2. High possibility of needing to relocate/travel during fieldwork. I don't know how I would pay rent on two apartments during fieldwork!

I applied to MOT for Fall 2019 start in San Marcos but I haven't seen any threads on it yet so I posted here :) I toured the San Marcos location and, for the most part, I liked what I heard about the program. The only downsides that stood out to me were 1. Online lectures 2. High possibility of needing to relocate/travel during fieldwork. I don't know how I would pay rent on two apartments during fieldwork!

Those are valid concerns. I'm thinking about finding a place that just does month-to-month rent --- like a room for rent situation so that I won't have to break a lease if I need to relocate. Good luck to you with the admissions process!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I was just notified of my acceptance to USA's OTD program beginning in May 2019 at the San Marcos location. Anyone else?
And does anyone know of the Facebook pages for housing and information?

Hey y'all! I was just notified of my acceptance to USA's OTD program beginning in May 2019 at the San Marcos location. Anyone else?
And does anyone know of the Facebook pages for housing and information?

I got my acceptance yesterday! Congrats! I'm about to look for the FB page... If I find it, then I'll let you know... Or I'll just end up making one myself haha.

Hi Guys!

Anyone made their first deposit for St. Augustine FL Fall 2019? Its by the 30th day from acceptance letter date right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys!

Anyone made their first deposit for St. Augustine FL Fall 2019? Its by the 30th day from acceptance letter date right?

Hi! I just made mine earlier. I think I heard her say 45 days after receiving the acceptance.

Hi Guys!

Hey, congrats on your acceptance! I interviewed for USA MOT in FL for fall 2019 as well this past weekend. Can I ask when you interviewed and when they notified you of your acceptance?

Hey! I have an interview with USA on the 18th of December does anyone mind sharing the type of questions they asked please

Hey! I have an interview with USA on the 18th of December does anyone mind sharing the type of questions they asked please
the interview went by really fast for me! my questions were how I know when I am stressed and what do I do to help with stress, why OT, a scenario question about if I get a 40 on an exam, what do I do, and what I do for fun. there may have been one or two more questions but that is all i remember

Hi has anyone gotten into USA OTD for fall of 2019? I got accepted back in December but I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I want to pack up from Chicago to move there. Wondering if anyone's on the same boat?