St. Augustine Spring/Summer 2020 cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reesetee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone apply for USA early decision? Which campus and have you heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am looking into applying for USA, and I just wanted to hear some thoughts on the school/program.

Hello! I did not apply early decision, but I applied for the Spring 2020 cohort for the San Marcos campus. I had a scheduled phone call with the enrollment advisor yesterday morning and she said that I would be hearing back in the next 1-2 weeks with a decision from the admissions committee. If they offer me an interview she told me that they are doing them once a month from now through December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I did not apply early decision, but I applied for the Spring 2020 cohort for the San Marcos campus. I had a scheduled phone call with the enrollment advisor yesterday morning and she said that I would be hearing back in the next 1-2 weeks with a decision from the admissions committee. If they offer me an interview she told me that they are doing them once a month from now through December.

I didn't know that about the interviews. I originally applied ED but I thought I would have the option of selecting the term I wanted. This wasn't the case. So I have to wait until November to hear their decision for the summer 2020 class... And I applied to the Austin, Texas campus! Good luck with everything!

I didn't know that about the interviews. I originally applied ED but I thought I would have the option of selecting the term I wanted. This wasn't the case. So I have to wait until November to hear their decision for the summer 2020 class... And I applied to the Austin, Texas campus! Good luck with everything!

You didn't have the option to select a term when you applied ED? That is really odd. So they will let you know in November if you are accepted into the Summer 2020 start date?

I have an update from the San Marcos campus. I had my scheduled phone meeting on Thursday around noon, and on Friday morning I got an email inviting me for an interview on campus. I am excited as this is the first response I have gotten so far. If anyone else is going I'd like to connect, and if anyone knows anything about how the interview day goes I'd like the insight as well :)

You didn't have the option to select a term when you applied ED? That is really odd. So they will let you know in November if you are accepted into the Summer 2020 start date?

I have an update from the San Marcos campus. I had my scheduled phone meeting on Thursday around noon, and on Friday morning I got an email inviting me for an interview on campus. I am excited as this is the first response I have gotten so far. If anyone else is going I'd like to connect, and if anyone knows anything about how the interview day goes I'd like the insight as well :)
Hi congrats!
I’m applying for the same campus! I took my GRE 3 days ago and as soon as the official scores upload I’ll get a response. I’m anticipating getting invited to interview. My stats are pretty good. I’m applying for flex DPT. How about you? Would you mind sharing your stats? That is so exciting. What is your interview date?

Exactly. Which I thought was strange but it's no biggie if I get accepted. Good luck with your interview! There's another thread for USA by the fall 2019 cohort and some folks talk about the interview questions and process. It should be on this forum main page thread.

Congrats!! Is this your first time applying to St. Augustine?

Hi congrats!
I’m applying for the same campus! I took my GRE 3 days ago and as soon as the official scores upload I’ll get a response. I’m anticipating getting invited to interview. My stats are pretty good. I’m applying for flex DPT. How about you? Would you mind sharing your stats? That is so exciting. What is your interview date?
That is awesome! And thank you! I didn't apply for the flex program, just the residential. My stats aren't anything spectacular, 295/4.0 on the GRE and 3.0 gpa. I have ~500 hospital/inpatient volunteer hours and ~1000 outpatient hours, and lots more hours in progress since I work as a pt tech in an outpatient clinic. I'll be interviewing on the 17th this month!!!! :)

I had an interview in May and was put on the waitlist for Fall 2019, I can answer questions you might have about the interview. Just message me.

Does anybody know if st Augustine schools require uniform? Like for class and lab days as well as internships?

I applied at Austin (Spring 2020 residential) but haven't been able to reach the advisor for the past week since she originally contacted me. Has anyone been able to reach their advisor?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied at Austin (Spring 2020 residential) but haven't been able to reach the advisor for the past week since she originally contacted me. Has anyone been able to reach their advisor?

Have you had your pre advising phone call yet? I know the Fall cohort starts on Monday, so they are probably dealing what that and waitlist stuff. I have been able to reach the San Marcos advisor, but i’m on the Fall 2019 waitlist.

Have you had your pre advising phone call yet? I know the Fall cohort starts on Monday, so they are probably dealing what that and waitlist stuff. I have been able to reach the San Marcos advisor, but i’m on the Fall 2019 waitlist.
Kind of. She called and left a voicemail with a follow-up email. I replied to the email with what she asked for but she's been MIA since then

Do you know if she submitted your application?
That's what I'm trying to find out... she wanted me to fill out the prereq form first so I did and I'm not sure what's happened since then. There doesn't seem to be a general number I can call to connect with anyone in admissions

I also applied to the Austin location but for summer... The advisor is MIA and very difficult to get in touch with in general. Maybe try leaving her a voicemail at her extension may help.

I also applied to the Austin location but for summer... The advisor is MIA and very difficult to get in touch with in general. Maybe try leaving her a voicemail at her extension may help.
Yeah I did a day ago but it probably won't matter. This is my second time applying and it was just as bad before. Their admissions process doesn't give me a great impression of the school to be honest.

Yeah I did a day ago but it probably won't matter. This is my second time applying and it was just as bad before. Their admissions process doesn't give me a great impression of the school to be honest.

I understand it's frustrating. I would hope the rest of the program functions a lot better than their one advisor. She deals with a lot of students so I'm sure that's the reasoning. I hope we both hear back soon cause I have my own dilemma with them and I need it resolved asap!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interviewing for USA this month?

It was similar to what others have described on previous forums. Our group interviewing was pretty small but the whole day was organized very well and the faculty was extremely nice; they tried to make us as comfortable as possible. Just read through previous years' forums for sample questions and try to view it as a two way conversation with your interviewer. I had one other person in my group and one interviewer. Good luck!!

Awesome. Thank you for that and good luck to you as well!

Has anyone gotten an interview offer from USA FL campus for the FLEX program?

Does anyone know if the PTCAS essay will be considered by admissions? The requirements page mentioned only the purpose statement, so I'd rather not spend time writing another essay if it's not going to be read.

Does anyone know if the PTCAS essay will be considered by admissions? The requirements page mentioned only the purpose statement, so I'd rather not spend time writing another essay if it's not going to be read.
I just wrote refer to essay in the supplemental section. I didn’t want to write that either and I got an interview for next month.

I just wrote refer to essay in the supplemental section. I didn’t want to write that either and I got an interview for next month.
Thanks so much for the response! Lord knows how long it would've taken for admissions or an enrollment advisor to get back to me (typically a couple of days if at all) Good luck on your interview!

What were your stats? PGPA,cgpa, gre?

I was accepted to the San Marcos location yesterday morning (9/19)!

Reactions: 2 users
Big congrats! How were the interview questions?
Thank you!
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why PT
3. How do you handle stress
4. What would you do if you saw a classmate cheating?
It felt like more of a conversation than a group interview. It was very laid back and my interviewer gave us tons of time to ask her questions as well.

Thank you!
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why PT
3. How do you handle stress
4. What would you do if you saw a classmate cheating?
It felt like more of a conversation than a group interview. It was very laid back and my interviewer gave us tons of time to ask her questions as well.
Awesome stuff, I hope to get an interview my GRE is exactly the same and cGPA.

I was invited to that but had to postpone to a later date. Are you interviewing for the hybrid program?

Have you heard anything from USA Austin yet?

I was just invited to interview in Austin on Oct. 25 (Spring cohort). Not sure yet if I'll go because I've been accepted at another program I prefer. Just thought I'd update y'all though!

I was just invited to interview in Austin on Oct. 25 (Spring cohort). Not sure yet if I'll go because I've been accepted at another program I prefer. Just thought I'd update y'all though!
which program if you don't mind me asking?