St.Barnabas Hospital, Bronx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachel

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'll be applying to DO schools this coming June. I called AAMCOMAS for the application materials, for some reason they dont have the computer version, just the disk so I asked for that (still hasnt arrived). Anyway, heres my question: Are any of you familiar with St.Barnabas hospital in the Bronx?
I need to find a DO to shadow and hopefully get a letter of recommendation from. I believe St.Barnabas is a osteopathic hospital with mainly NYCOM grads. Anyone know anything about St.Barnabas?
Id appreciate any info.
smile.gif

Thanks,
Rachel

P.S. Congrats to those who'll be attending in the Fall!!!! Hope to be in your shoes soon
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

yes... St. Barnabas is one of the major affiliate hospital for NYCOM where third and fourth years do their rotations. In addition they have an OMM residency program there as well for those graduates who decide to pursue an OMM specialty.

I know the surgery club here at NYCOM offers the opportunity to shadow surgeons at St. Barnabas. Other than that I can't tell you much more. But a letter from a NYCOM-graduate would definitely carry weight when you apply to NYCOM.

Good luck

Robert
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your post. Im actually going to try to get a doctor to shadow and get a recommendation letter if Im lucky. Ive got the name of one who teaches at NYCOM and works at Barnabas. NYCOM is my first choice school so I was really lucky that St. Barnabas is so close by.
smile.gif

Thankyou so much
smile.gif

Rachel

I think Dr. Claudia McCarty (professor for OMM department) works in St. Barnabas. Her letter would definitely be "golden" for NYCOM if you can get her. Don't know if she's there though but alot of fellows for the OMM department are residents at St. Barnabas.

Glad to be of help. Post any question about NYCOM if you need more advice. I know alot of NYCOM students are regulars at this board.

Robert