-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
what DO schools have direct hospital affiliation?
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Only one I know that legitimately has their own hospital is Oklahoma State. Might be others.
MSU has base hospitals in the same cities as each of their campuses but no affiliation or guarantee in the way I think you mean.
MSU has base hospitals in the same cities as each of their campuses but no affiliation or guarantee in the way I think you mean.
Last edited:
Doesn't PCOM?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TCOM’s main rotation sites are affiliated hospitals with an additional option to rotate elsewhere in the state if you so desire.
It’s not a big hospital, but LECOM has Millcreek Hospital in Erie. If you were to do your first two years at Erie and pick Millcreek as your first choice clinical site, you wouldn’t have to move. I think St. Vincent in Erie is still a core site option as well.
OUHCOM also has their Cleveland site and rotations at South Pointe that could allow for not moving, but I don’t know how they pick their rotation sites or anything else about their logistics.
OUHCOM also has their Cleveland site and rotations at South Pointe that could allow for not moving, but I don’t know how they pick their rotation sites or anything else about their logistics.
DMU sends students to the several hospitals in DSM. The only other medical school in the state is in Iowa City, about 1.5 hrs away
Touro Middletown has Orange Regional Medical Center just down the street, half our students go there for rotations.
Doesn't PCOM?
They do not
A
AnatomyGrey12
OSU is the only school that legit has their own teaching hospital. The other state schools, PCOM, and Rowan have very close affiliations with teachig hospitals that they sponsor residency programs at. Most schools will have loose affiliations with the nearby hospitals.
Touro-nevada has affiliations with several community hospitals in the area that have their own residency programs. Valley hospital in Vegas is the main hospital where students do rotations.
KCOM has an attached teaching hospital with residencies in FM, IM, gen surg, anesthesia, NMM. Can’t remember if there’s any more. Students are welcome and encouraged to attend didactics.
Edit: forgot about ent and derm. I’ve heard ent won’t stay open but derm will.
Edit: forgot about ent and derm. I’ve heard ent won’t stay open but derm will.
Last edited:
ARCOM is affiliated with Mercy and Baptist Health/Sparks. All literally like 5-10 minutes away from the school, and you don't have to move away for 3rd and 4th year. I don't know if that counts.
Edit: Sparks health system has been bought by Baptist health.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Edit: Sparks health system has been bought by Baptist health.
Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Meanwhile my school adds seats without any announced plans for additional rotation sites...
A
AnatomyGrey12
I want to say RVU is newly affiliated with Intermountain Healthcare.
That's..... not the same.
Meanwhile my school adds seats without any announced plans for additional rotation sites...
Dat tuition monies tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think CUSOM might?
PCOM does have a small clinical campus at www.lvhn.org. Several students do third year cores there and some 4th year rotations.
I know the idea of moving sucks to you guys because that's how I felt about it before I did rotations. All I can say is I'm grateful to have had to move all the time because there were some rotation sites that by god I would have preferred death than returning there. I also got to experience how they did things at many different places and adapt to new environments quite quickly.
I’m in second year and every time I look at this place I get more and more pissed off. Moving sucks, but I can’t wait to leave this place lol. And this is a pretty decent 3rd year siteI know the idea of moving sucks to you guys because that's how I felt about it before I did rotations. All I can say is I'm grateful to have had to move all the time because there were some rotation sites that by god I would have preferred death than returning there. I also got to experience how they did things at many different places and adapt to new environments quite quickly.
What Osteopathic schools have a direct hospital affiliation that doesn't require moving during clinical years?? Please list all that you are aware of.
Touro Nevada doesn’t have a direct affiliation but we are able to do all rotations in the area without moving. That was very important to me picking a school as someone who is married and doesn’t want to be uprooting a million times.
stories?I know the idea of moving sucks to you guys because that's how I felt about it before I did rotations. All I can say is I'm grateful to have had to move all the time because there were some rotation sites that by god I would have preferred death than returning there. I also got to experience how they did things at many different places and adapt to new environments quite quickly.
Had an dingus OB/Gyn where 95% of his patients only spoke vietnamese and 80% of my rotation was just writing notes and doing his billing. The other 20% was standing in the room pretending it was not awkward to see a woman getting examined while I can't understand a single word she saysstories?
Last edited:
I’ve seen a few people post about OSU on SDN and I want to be sure people know the difference. OSU is The Ohio State University which has an allopathic medical school. It is not the same as Ohio University which has an osteopathic medical school associated with it. OU has some hospital affiliations but not like OSU.
I’ve seen a few people post about OSU on SDN and I want to be sure people know the difference. OSU is The Ohio State University which has an allopathic medical school. It is not the same as Ohio University which has an osteopathic medical school associated with it. OU has some hospital affiliations but not like OSU.
OSU when it comes to DO schools is Oklahoma State University, which also has a hospital
OSU when it comes to DO schools is Oklahoma State University, which also has a hospital
Okay then. Duh.
I clearly need more coffee. Or to get the indoctrination that OSU did to my brain undone!
Thanks
Go Buckeyes haha I completely get the reason why that's the first thing that jumped in your headOkay then. Duh.
I clearly need more coffee. Or to get the indoctrination that OSU did to my brain undone!
Thanks
Mine is affiliated with a tiny clinic that doesn’t even let students chart lmao
Mine is affiliated with a tiny clinic that doesn’t even let students chart lmao
That's just ridiculous
They own the clinic I should have said. No real affiliations though. They are trying to get some but we’ve been open since 2007 so yeahThat's just ridiculous
What school?They own the clinic I should have said. No real affiliations though. They are trying to get some but we’ve been open since 2007 so yeah
Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 816