Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email on Friday about receiving the Legacy of Excellence Scholarship so ~2 weeks after my acceptance
Congrats! That's crazy, they must have just been extra slow for us or something 😛
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got an email on Friday about receiving the Legacy of Excellence Scholarship so ~2 weeks after my acceptance
Yeah, I was not expecting it at all. When I first got the emailed I assumed it was just telling me some information about it...Congrats! That's crazy, they must have just been extra slow for us or something 😛
Yayyyy!! CongratsGot into St. George's! 🙂
Do they sell dates and figs in Grenada ? 🙂 @allygator13
hmm i was hoping you'd know 😉You know... I actually don't know haha but I don't think I've seen any. @jmo1012 ?
hmm i was hoping you'd know 😉
if they do, its not because they're local (i.e. they'll be crazy expensive).are they important to you?

Hey can I ask you about your scholarship?Haha, just wondering because I eat dates like everyday to keep from baked goods, candy etc. I think I'm addicted, hahaha. Thanks for your help! 😛
Hey can I ask you about your scholarship?
I am still a junior (3rd year university student) and still have to finish taking Bioche before I go to SGU next Fall!
I wasn't granted any scholarship but I was hoping to get one but I wonder I have to finish taking pre-requistes first...
Do you mind me asking what was your grade average so that I have general idea of if can get a scholarship or not?
Thanks! I do need Physics 2 as well haha I totally forgot 🙂 Thanks anyway I will wait and ask them laterHey, there are two different legacy scholarships. They have the information on their website but I don't think I got it because of my GPA haha. I also still have not taken Biochem I have that course and physics 2 planned for spring. My VMCAS GPA was 3.69 but I don't know if SGU does a different calculation. I think the scholarship I got had to do with my hours of experience and not my GPA though. Check out the website 🙂 I'm sure you'll get the email soon for it!
Good luck with your interview! 🙂Getting quite nervous! My interview is tonight!
I had no doubts about you 😛ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there were many moments in 1st year where i'd catch a look in the mirror and be like hehehe i'm gonna be a vet!! and then school beats you down and you get used to it, so enjoy the warm fuzzies!So.... I think it just finally sunk in today..... IM GUNNA BE A VET!!!
oh goodness, what are they thinking?! i'm not ready for this! i'm not nearly smart enough to have this kind of responsibility!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
" hehe 😉to prepare for moving? maybe idly start making a list of things to bring at some point. invest in light weight but heavy duty suitcases. make sure your passport is current (or get one if needed).So, jmo.... what would you suggest we do now to prepare?
also, do student loans come in in time to book our first flight down there?
Have you heard back from your VFP interview?Just had my interview for the VFP for August 2015! It went well, but he said because it's "so early" for next fall, it may take a couple of months to hear anything, which kind of makes me nervous 🙁
Has anyone found the facebook group for accepted students SGU said would be up in the acceptance email?
Have you heard back from your VFP interview?
I haven't heard anything either. I'm starting to get worried.....Nothing yet!
I haven't either, just checkingI haven't heard anything either. I'm starting to get worried.....
Sorry for the delay, I just created it tonight, and will send invites out tomorrow. Congratulations to all who have been accepted
you should definitely keep up with facebook now - students communicate A TON through facebook at sgu. there are always a few that refuse or dont want to, but trust me when i say you will absolutely miss out on important announcements and fun things as wellHad to make a facebook just to join this group, haha. Look forward to chatting with everyone :3
you should definitely keep up with facebook now - students communicate A TON through facebook at sgu. there are always a few that refuse or dont want to, but trust me when i say you will absolutely miss out on important announcements and fun things as well
Anyone know if its best to book flights as one way or round trip? I heard that financial aid the first time around won't be done in time to really book flights in advance so I'm just trying to plan as far ahead as possible.
When you say round trip how far in advance do you mean you will get your return ticket? I didn't even think about which I should book /: also are you in the facebook group?
I bought my return ticket way far in advance last semester. I think I actually bought it in summer at the same time as I bought my ticket going to Grenada (my ticket there was one way, then my return and ticket down for this month were round trip). If you mean the January 2015 Facebook page, then yes I am on it!
Do you recommend we buy the round trip ticket for the flight there and then our projected return date back home or wait until we are in Grenada to buy the holiday ticket home/back to Grenada. Awh i'm in the August 15 FB group, no one is very talkative in it haha.
when are you going? I am going on the 20thI'm headed down there in about three weeks! If any of you have questions about the application process let me know! I can also answer questions about the school later on down the road 🙂
when are you going? I am going on the 20th
email or phone call?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.