You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am! Where are you from? I'm from PA so I don't know much about the area, but I've heard good things about the school.
I would apply. I'm in my first year there. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would apply. I'm in my first year there. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Would you mind sharing your stats and how soon you heard regarding an interview/acceptance? Also, is there anything particular that they like to see in a candidate?
Thanks!
D
deleted390966
I'm from the tri-state area.
Do they have a supplemental application?
When do they interview?
How many students with a Bachelor degree do they accept every year?
Do they have a supplemental application?
When do they interview?
How many students with a Bachelor degree do they accept every year?
You can find most school stats on the school's PharmCAS webpage.
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/453
Supplemental Application?: No.
Average GPA: 3.40
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/453
Supplemental Application?: No.
Average GPA: 3.40
^on pharmcas it says most applicants have an 80 on the pcat?
WOW lol my score sucks compare to that 🙁
Yeah I was a little surprised to see that since I had never heard of the university until May 2011.
D
deleted390966
Anyone got an interview invite yet?
Anyone got an interview invite yet?
I finally emailed the school, cause they didn't even tell me that had recieved my application.
They said that everything was complete, would be reviewed (no date given), and that I could be contacted at any time for the interview. However, interviews are only offered starting in January.
So we probably have a while to wait. . .
Would you mind sharing your stats and how soon you heard regarding an interview/acceptance? Also, is there anything particular that they like to see in a candidate?
Thanks!
I interviewed April 2010 and was put on the wait list on 7 days later. In June, I was taken off the wait list. I'm not sure how I got accepted because my grades were nothing phenomenal and I took the PCAT multiple times. I've actually debated speaking to the people who interviewed me and asking them, "Why me?". I hope that gives some optimism to someone out there that doesn't have
strong grades.
They like to see people who aren't just intelligent, but diverse. They like people who are willing to do more than what is asked. Communication skills are also handy.Volunteer work is a huge plus because not only do they like it, you are required to do a certain amount during the school year. They love people who speak different languages.
I hope this was helpful.
I interviewed April 2010 and was put on the wait list on 7 days later. In June, I was taken off the wait list. I'm not sure how I got accepted because my grades were nothing phenomenal and I took the PCAT multiple times. I've actually debated speaking to the people who interviewed me and asking them, "Why me?". I hope that gives some optimism to someone out there that doesn't have
strong grades.
They like to see people who aren't just intelligent, but diverse. They like people who are willing to do more than what is asked. Communication skills are also handy.Volunteer work is a huge plus because not only do they like it, you are required to do a certain amount during the school year. They love people who speak different languages.
I hope this was helpful.
how are you liking the school so far?
and how do u let them know you speak diff languages lol? i mean do u just casually mention it?
how are you liking the school so far?
and how do u let them know you speak diff languages lol? i mean do u just casually mention it?
I like it up here. Its definitely the ideal school for me.
You could say how you have good communication skills and segue into how you can communicate in different languages.
There are at least 12 people in my class who denied interviews/acceptances from UB to go to St. John Fisher. I don't know the reason behind it, but that says something positive about SJFC. Especially because UB's tuition is about 10k less than Fisher.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else interviewing on November 9??
Ye I am interviewing November 9th as well. guessing we are one of the first people to go considering on pharmcas they say they don't start interviews till January. Guess ill see you there.
Good Luck!
Are you guys early decision?
No, I'm just regular decision.
Wow, you're hearing really early! Good luck!🙂
D
deleted390966
Got one! My first choice.
Haha, me too! Guess they are changing it up this year.
Good luck guys! Sure I'll see a few of you there. Im going to be giving the tours on Nov. 9th
D
deleted390966
Has anyone heard back from the school post-interview?
Could you post either you are accepted/waitlisted/rejected, and who interviewed you, please???
Could you post either you are accepted/waitlisted/rejected, and who interviewed you, please???
Last edited by a moderator:
didn't hear anything from them yet. They said about two weeks so i guess i have another week to wait.
If you don't mind me asking, how did the interview go? It's sounds kind of intense!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
standard interview really, nothing that surprised me. Sounds like its going to be ranked much better if the future but as of now it opened in 2006 so its doing ok. Personally im strongly considering it if i get in. As of now i took buffalo's acceptance to be safe. Just get questions from SDN and practice those and you should be fine for any interview.
standard interview really, nothing that surprised me. Sounds like its going to be ranked much better if the future but as of now it opened in 2006 so its doing ok. Personally im strongly considering it if i get in. As of now i took buffalo's acceptance to be safe. Just get questions from SDN and practice those and you should be fine for any interview.
Would you mind attaching that link? I would really appreciate it, Thank you so much!!
Fisher doesn't have their own interview feedback, but other schools do. So just go on their websites and find questions there.
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy
hpilche1,
did you receive your acceptance via mail or e-mail or phone call? i had my interview on tuesday so i'm still waiting
did you receive your acceptance via mail or e-mail or phone call? i had my interview on tuesday so i'm still waiting
D
deleted390966
When was the letter sent??
Do they reject people post-interview, or just waitlist? In the old threads, I don't see any rejects.
Do they reject people post-interview, or just waitlist? In the old threads, I don't see any rejects.
Last edited by a moderator:
ACCEPTED!!!! got my letter yesterday! interviewed on the 15th! anyone else accepted?!?!!?
Congratulations!!
Is the thread for this school dead..? I got an interview for this Friday, anyone else?
It seems like it. I'm interviewing this friday as well. You're applying to lecom-b right, I think I talked to you earlier.
ACCEPTED!!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂
good luck to everyone who is interviewing this friday!!! 👍
good luck to everyone who is interviewing this friday!!! 👍
It seems like it. I'm interviewing this friday as well. You're applying to lecom-b right, I think I talked to you earlier.
I have that interview next thursday lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey is anyone from the rochester area that wants to ell me about this school's location? I got accepted but don't know if it's a good place to live., is rochester a fun place to live? cheap housing? etc..please and thank you!
The school is at the north end of Pittsford, the richest suburb of Rochester. Just down the road is a very nice main street/shopping area, and there are *tons* of every type of chain store you can imagine within a few miles.
I don't know about renting in the area since I plan to commute, but I would imagine Pittsford is a bit pricey. Fortunately, within a 10-20 minute drive there are other places like Brighton and Henrietta that have very reasonable cost of living.
The school itself is right off of 590, which connects into the interstate highway system that serves all of Monroe County, so you can get to it fairly easily from nearly anywhere.
I had an interview with the school on feb 10th. It was really nice and I enjoyed the students and faculty. But I just got a letter in the mail saying I'm waitlisted. 🙁 Def. sucks because I thought the interviews went well.
I had an interview with the school on feb 10th. It was really nice and I enjoyed the students and faculty. But I just got a letter in the mail saying I'm waitlisted. 🙁 Def. sucks because I thought the interviews went well.
Waitlisted with your stats? LOLwut....that's crazy!
Yeah, I wonder what went wrong? I guess my lack of pharmacy experience (<50 hours) didnt help.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K