StaMford, anyone gone, advice? How do I get there???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IcarusAscending

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello

I needed to see if anyone has gone to interview at Stamford in Conneticutt

I wanted to know what is the best route to get there since it has no nearby airport. I am coming from California.

Also, how did people like the school, there is minimal information on the web about the school.

Thank you
 
Went to Yale for grad school and traveled between New Haven and NYC pretty often. Am pretty sure that Metro North (NYC to New Haven) rail line has a stop in Stamford. I guess you can fly into NYC-LaGuardia, take a bus to 125-st Station (<20min), then the Metro North to Stamford(<1hr?), and then a taxis to the hospital. Seems like a pain in the rear but that's what I can think of on the top of my head. New Haven has an airport (small and expensive). You could fly there and take the MetroNorth to Stamford (though Stamford is closer to NYC/Westchester area). Hopefully there is an even easier solution. Good luck.