He seems like a pretty decent sized guy, are we to believe that a 17 year old rabbit punched him (after confronting him head on), incapacitated him so fully with one punch that he couldn't defend himself physically, than managed to get on top of him in such a way that he couldn't do anything to defend himself?
I know this is a hot topic, so I'm gonna keep it clean here. But, what you described takes ONE punch. I'm 6'4'', I've seen others my size take a right to the chin and DONE. Nobody can make a judgement about Zimmerman's chin, gut or constitution. So, before we make a judgement, ONE punch. Food for thought. IF I were forced to make a judgement about Zimmerman, the only one I can think of is that the gun toting neighborhood watch dude is PROBABLY not the bad ***** fighter from my HS who could lay anyone out with a glare let alone a punch. But I could be 100% wrong. That's a generalization though, so I get it.
We're then supposed to believe that, even though Zimmerman couldn't defend himself physically while on the ground, he managed to pull out his Kel-Tec (after Trayvon had seen it) and fire it?
Wouldn't you think that if he had the time and freedom to to pull a gun out that he would have been defending himself from the physical onslaught instead?
Take race out of this comment. Or away from your argument. And then read it. Does this seem like the action of a racially motivated person? If I'm carrying? And someone were punching me, I'm reaching for my weapon (granted, ONLY if I feared for my life. I'd certainly try to fight back. I don't like killing people. Not my thing. The moment that person reaches for the deadly weapon on my hip? That person is asking to be killed. I'm going home to my family (on of my father's favorite quotes, he was a federal agent. and decidedly not a racist).
If we're supposed to believe all this, Zimmerman sounds like a real b*tch to me at the least.
See neighborhood watch comment of mine above. I might agree with this.
I guess we're supposed to resolve one on one fistfights with firearms now.
To reiterate, all the fist fights I've been in my life have been solved with fists. If the OTHER person had a gun, who knows. If I have a gun? And the fight is at the point I'm fearing for my life - that person is dead - and should have brought a gun to this gun fight. Meaning, if you're going to harm me with your fists, I have every right to protect myself in ANY way I have. Knife, gun, 2X4. Again, I state that I know bupkis about what really happened that night. I'm saying how I would handle things. What's the alternative? "Sorry Family of Doc712, Doc712 feared for his life but he didn't wanna shoot anyone during a fist fight. So, ya know, he's dead or in a coma now." Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
You still haven't given any explanation for why he's looking so clean in the video. Even if the blood was cleaned up on his skin, we would expect a bit on his clothes. I don't see any sort of covering/bandage anywhere on him.
Correct. Devil's advocate, I've seen broken noses in hockey fights, facial fractures even, where the player just skated off the ice without ANY visible markings. I will say that I've also seen my share of bloody fights with no broken bones. Sort of depends. Would it be possible, docs, to confirm a broken nose (even seeing if it were recent) by X-ray? This would be interesting news...
So no bandages and no scabs...do cuts stop bleeding by themselves in Florida?
All bleeding eventually stops.
😉
In fact the laceration on his head was supposed to be so bad that he "probably should have gotten stiches". His nose is supposed to be pretty jacked up right? Not lookin too bad there.
Again, devil's advocate, when was this video taken? One hour, 10 minutes, 2 days, after the incident? I thought this was when Zimm decided to turn himself in, I'm confused about the timeline, can someone explain for me?
I own a Springfield XD-40 and have a CCW permit.
So, you own a gun with a concealed carry. Tell me, at what point would YOU use your weapon? Since NEITHER of us know what happened (yes?) are you saying a) it's impossible for the victim to have clocked Zimm? b) and gotten on top of him? c) is that scenario even unlikely? d) Did the victim reach for Zimm's gun? e) If he did, was Zimm in his right (legal, moral)? f) if victim didn't, was Zimm still in his right (assuming he was in a defensive position? g) let's say Zimm was verbally threatened and NOT EVEN TOUCHED but surrounded and feared for his life, legally and morally did he have a right to use lethal force to protect himself? Curious. Why do YOU have a CCW?
It's not the carrying of firearms I'm arguing against here, its the specifics of the case and the way it was handled. The tangible evidence so far (the 911 call and video now) do not speak well for Zimmerman.
All the more reason to see what comes out during next week's grand jury. The video evidence might not seem to favor Zimmerman, but down here, in Florida (aka the wild west when it comes to guns) the lethal force legality of it all is HIGHLY in favor of Zimmerman. [/QUOTE]
Edit: Yeah the video is blurry. It's not as blurry as you wish it was. Blood on white skin shouldn't be too hard to see.
I have never found Blade to be anything close to racist, I just don't get that vibe, so I would really take it easy on the racial thing here, he's just said that he wants to see the evidence, and as a pretty empirical guy, I imagine his views will be really middle of the road when the evidence comes out. White v Black with gun. Black v white with gun. I WILL USUALLY be in favor of the person protecting himself, whatever race or creed. If you're going to physically threaten ANYONE with a gun, I vote for the right for that person to kill you to save him/herself. Plain and simple. That's pretty much where I stand. In this or any case, if the shooter has so much as a SCRATCH on him/her, I will always say they had a right to shoot, because all it takes is ONE PUNCH or kick or stab to get someone hurt enough to grab that person's weapon and kill that person. It's sad but true.
And now we shall await the details of the case.
D712