Stanford Interviewees: January Notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mehhh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone remember what the approximate dates were for decisions after interviews? i remember being told something about january, i'm fairly certain it was late january. i interviewed the week after thanksgiving.

anyone have more info?

Members don't see this ad.

the first meeting is in the beginning of january, so the people who interviewed before thanksgiving week will probably hear by then. after that it gets hazy, but sometime in january is probably a realistic projection.

i interviwed early December and they said no later than late Jan... :)

can't wait. Fingers crossed :luck:

glck

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed early and are expecting to hear back in January:
Did you have to send in some tax-return or family income information? I remember hearing something on interview day about sending that in...But I'm not sure if they want it before or after the decision is made. Thanks.

For those who interviewed early and are expecting to hear back in January:
Did you have to send in some tax-return or family income information? I remember hearing something on interview day about sending that in...But I'm not sure if they want it before or after the decision is made. Thanks.

They don't need that before the decision is made. They just need it for any need-based financial aid package.

They told us that we would hear the first Thursday or Friday of January. That's next week. I'm freaking out. :eek:

for people who have interviewed -- where did you guys stay? (I dont think they gave us anything for finding a student host, right?) -- any relatively cheap hotels in the area to recommend?

thanks!

the first time the admissions committee meets in january is thurs, jan 4th at night. if you are admitted dean garcia calls you thursday night. the committee meets every thurs night. hope that helps! (i'm waiting too!)

the first time the admissions committee meets in january is thurs, jan 4th at night. if you are admitted dean garcia calls you thursday night. the committee meets every thurs night. hope that helps! (i'm waiting too!)

thanks for the info....good to know...makes me nervous :eek:

for people who have interviewed -- where did you guys stay? (I dont think they gave us anything for finding a student host, right?) -- any relatively cheap hotels in the area to recommend?

thanks!

i stayed with a friend who lives in the area (and went to grad school there a year ago). the student tour guides told us that they don't advertise a student-host program because they don't like to burden their students with the responsibility of being hosts for half a year. but if you call, they're nice about finding you someone to stay with.

some people also said that hotel california was nice

I want an interview.......:scared:

i stayed with a friend who lives in the area (and went to grad school there a year ago). the student tour guides told us that they don't advertise a student-host program because they don't like to burden their students with the responsibility of being hosts for half a year. but if you call, they're nice about finding you someone to stay with.

some people also said that hotel california was nice

thaaaaaanks!!! :) I'll look into both.

Anyone get a call from stanford tonight? post when you do!

... u get calls? i want one

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess nobody got calls last night. Maybe they will start calling today :)

I hope so.

just talked to the admissions office - was told that acceptance letters have already been going out.

did they say when they starting mailing these out?

k thx for the info. i feel its almost better to have no idea when acceptances come out otherwise you get so damn anxious. i remember when i interviewed there, the interview coordinator said that we would get phone calls, but i guess not. i dont know who to believe.

nope, as usually i got a really cold reception so i hung up happy with the little piece of info i got

Interesting... I guess they aren't making phone calls this year? That's weird.

when did you all interview? i think mine was early november

I'm early Nov as well. Hopefully they will call :)

i guess we are all in the same boat. if i remember correctly, stanford only started to interview early november, so hopefully we should hear first. ill be sure to post if i get a snail mail letter or a phone call-- though I doubt ill hear anything today.

i guess we are all in the same boat. if i remember correctly, stanford only started to interview early november, so hopefully we should hear first. ill be sure to post if i get a snail mail letter or a phone call-- though I doubt ill hear anything today.

nothing by snail mail today in socal.

how did your interviews go? my faculty interview was with this really nice old guy and he wrote a TON on this little piece of paper. my student interview didn't go all that well. i think it was with a first year and he had never done one before.

i thought that both of my interviews went well. my faculty interviewer didnt write down anything, i dont think (which i hope can be attributed to his interviewing style, rather than what I brought to the table-- he didnt have a piece of paper/pen). but the interview was very long, and at the end he said he really loved my energy and enthusiasm and said i would be a good fit.

my student interviewer was awesome, said that i would be a great fit.

you never know tho... i am anxiously awaiting a response. snail mail here in az wont be for another couple of hours.

Like mentioned above, the folks in the admissions office told us that accepted people were called...

...interesting...just snailmail this year?

Oh well...I was early December (so I have some waiting to do :p

Like mentioned above, the folks in the admissions office told us that accepted people were called...

...interesting...just snailmail this year?

Oh well...I was early December (so I have some waiting to do :p

That's true. But you would think that at least someone on SDN would have received a call if they were calling...

That's true. But you would think that at least someone on SDN would have received a call if they were calling...

no call here....also early november, i almost threw in the towel yesterday after not receiving a call - keep on hoping!

did any of you already recieve snail mail today?

its possible if its a snail mail package! dont kill my hope... :)

Has anyone heard anything yet? Or are we probably going to have to wait until the week of the 15th?

I'm betting that there will be calls this week on Thursday. Just a hunch.

Obviously they haven't sent out mailings yet, or someone would have gotten something.

i wonder if the lady at the admissions office just flat out lied - she told me that acceptances had already gone out!

i wonder if the lady at the admissions office just flat out lied - she told me that acceptances had already gone out!

She must have. Even if they went out Saturday, someone would have gotten one by now. Half of Stanford acceptances are people in California.

almost mail time here

I think we'll get calls if we get in, hopefully tomorrow/friday. If something was coming in the mail, it probably would have come already to those living in the bay area.

So I guess today wasn't the day haha

Maybe Californians are just too cool to waste their time on SDN...

Any news yet? Still waiting....wishing...ahh...

good luck to all :luck:

its been a long week. i think at this point, its safe to say that the admissions lady lied. we would have heard by now if it was sent via snail mail, and i am sure at least one person on SDN would have heard too. hopefully the information about them meeting every thursday is right, and maybe today is the day!

good luck everyone