Stanford Interviewees: January Notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm... I guess we'll be finding out soon then :D

I should definitely be in the first or second 20-30. I'm nervous. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I still find it strange that nobody on SDN or MdApps has an acceptance. I guess they didn't call very many people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,
I spoke with the admissions office and this is what they informed me:

-The admissions commitee met for the first time last night. They meet on a weekly basis and only get through about 20-30 applications at a time.

-Dr. Garcia's phone calls are made in addition to the written acceptance as a courtesy, but not everybody gets one (or so it seems).

-The earlier you interviewed-the earlier you may be notified (might be somewhat common sense, but it's nice to hear from the office).

Well, I hope this helps!

:)

thx for the info. it seems a little fishy that only some people get calls. maybe he's doing more today, or maybe we are SOL. crap!

but nonetheless, keep hoping. i think i should be in the early batch (i was 2nd week november). hopfully well all get good news. good :luck:

I wouldn't start stressing until SOMEONE online says that they got a call. Until then, in all likelihood nobody has been called.

ahhh good luck everyone! the suspense is intense...east coast, no call here. i literally spasm when my cell rings

Does anyone know when Stanford started interviewing? I know that they didn't start until November, but was it the 1st or 2nd week?

I think it was the second week (starting Monday Nov. 6th). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know when Stanford started interviewing? I know that they didn't start until November, but was it the 1st or 2nd week?

I wouldn't start stressing until SOMEONE online says that they got a call. Until then, in all likelihood nobody has been called.

i am gonna assume that they only reviewed one application last night, and am gonna wait till next week-- itll be much less stressful.

I'm assuming that they have not reviewed anyone until someone on SDN says that they got a call/letter.

just called and confirmed - yesterday was the first adcom meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
he was very careful with his words - i think he said acceptances had been mailed, but nothing about phone calls.

he was very careful with his words - i think he said acceptances had been mailed, but nothing about phone calls.

maybe they are not calling this year. we might just have to wait till tuesday, for snail mail.

Convo went exactly like this:

"Hi, good afternoon. I'm wondering when and how the admissions office sends out decisions."

Her: "Huh? What do you mean how?"

Me: "Well, have they started? And is it by mail or phone?"

Her, annoyed: "Yea, started already, and its by mail."

Me: "Thanks"

Click.

I guess we hear when the mail comes in next week.

Convo went exactly like this:

"Hi, good afternoon. I'm wondering when and how the admissions office sends out decisions."

Her: "Huh? What do you mean how?"

Me: "Well, have they started? And is it by mail or phone?"

Her, annoyed: "Yea, started already, and its by mail."

Me: "Thanks"

Click.

I guess we hear when the mail comes in next week.

Didn't someone last week hear the exact same thing?

I interviewed very recently, and I was given two wildly different estimates on the timeline for decisions. One person in the office told me that I'd hear by mid-February (in 1 month!) while another told me that I would hear between March and May. I'm not sure what to think, but I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed for some good news and/or a call from Dean Garcia :).

The waiting game continues...and from the looks of it...it will be snail mail letter? Oooo, the wait :sleep:

Time to run...:)

anyone get anything in the mail today? Nothing in my SoCal mailbox :(

:mad:

if yall didnt get anything in socal, i dont think there is any hope for the rest of us. we'll just have to wait till tuesday! arg...

The stress of all this is getting the best of me... I should have just banked on mid-January from the beginning; that would have avoided me checking this thread obsessively for updates haha.

I suggest we all go out tonight and have a really really great weekend before next week's fateful decisions are released :thumbup:

The stress of all this is getting the best of me... I should have just banked on mid-January from the beginning; that would have avoided me checking this thread obsessively for updates haha.

I suggest we all go out tonight and have a really really great weekend before next week's fateful decisions are released :thumbup:

a very good idea:thumbup:

No, I haven't heard, but I am dying to, so it's time to put this thread back up near the top.

damn you kids are an anxious bunch huh? i remember last year there really wasn't much of a thread about this, or at least it wasn't too active. good luck everyone! i deferred from last year, so i guess some of you will be my classmates!

If there are no phone calls, I think it's going to be a while. Didn't they say that the letter will come 2 to 3 weeks after the acceptance is made?

I'm still hoping that there will be phone calls, as that's what they told us at the interview and what has been done every other year.

If there are no phone calls, I think it's going to be a while. Didn't they say that the letter will come 2 to 3 weeks after the acceptance is made?

I'm still hoping that there will be phone calls, as that's what they told us at the interview and what has been done every other year.

where did u hear about the 2-3 weeks after? i guess i am just hoping that they made som decisions last thursday, and mailed out friday.

where did u hear about the 2-3 weeks after? i guess i am just hoping that they made som decisions last thursday, and mailed out friday.

I thought someone said that above. If they did mailings Friday (or even Sat), then someone in Cali should get something today.

I thought someone said that above. If they did mailings Friday (or even Sat), then someone in Cali should get something today.

yep, looks like i wont be getting anything in the mail today.

i have a feeling that they are mailing letters out today...

the way ppl are bumping several times per day, this is going to be a long and annoying thread before anyone gets an acceptance.

So I searched mdapps, and turns out that someone has gotten in, but into the MSTP program (they got a phone call). Maybe they are doing the MSTP people first then moving on to the MD applicants?

Oh wow, the wait is not fun!

So I searched mdapps, and turns out that someone has gotten in, but into the MSTP program (they got a phone call). Maybe they are doing the MSTP people first then moving on to the MD applicants?

Oh wow, the wait is not fun!

Sounds strange. Last year acceptances went out late March-early April for MSTP.

That person also might have heard from one of his/her interviewers.

you guys ready for another day of this...

and once again...nothing by snail in oc