Stanford Interviewees: January Notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to poke my head in extra quick...A friend of mine interviewed on 1/22 and received a call from Dr. Garcia on 2/22 around 9:45pm east coast time. Good luck though...

Ouch, well that does not bode well for my chances. I suspect my rejection is in the mail in that case. Hmm...good luck to all those in waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey A Tree, how was the rejection relayed to you?? Was it via email or snail mail? Also, how did you know when your review date was??

It was snail mail dated 2/15, so the review date was just a assumption....

Ouch, well that does not bode well for my chances. I suspect my rejection is in the mail in that case. Hmm...good luck to all those in waiting.

I live on the east coast, and when I was accepted last month, I didn't get a call. It's not over until you get some form of official notification.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed the week of 1/22. i didn't get a phone call on thurs or anything in the mail. i'm hoping i wasn't reviewed yet. but something may also be in the mail for me as well.

any guess as to how many ppl are interviewed each week/how many weeks worth of interviews the adcom gets through each week? i interviewed 2/8 and i am waiting for a reply and hoping that i have not been reviewed yet and wondering if this thursday is going to be the day...

also, if anyoen who interviewed around 2/8 hears on thurs, please post to the list so i can stop hoping. thanks!

Indeed.... interviewed 1/16 reviewed 2/15, rejection received today. The potential move to the bay area was a contentious issue in my personal life, so I guess it makes things easier. It is however, as someone in this thread or another said, hard not to take a post-interview rejection personally, even from the Stanford.

Good luck everyone waiting and waitlisted!!

Hey A Tree, I'm sorry about the results. It's such a random process for many of us, sometimes we don't simply walk away with the results we want- not like our undergrad courses. heh. I was very curious how you thought your interview went. I already assessed from what I read that interview isn't everything but I was still curious. Thanks!

mm i interviewed 2/6. we're getting close... *rubs sweaty palms...

mm i interviewed 2/6. we're getting close... *rubs sweaty palms...

This is probably your week crimsonkid.

A Tree interviewed the week of 1/22 and was reviewed 2/15. The week of 1/29 should have been reviewed 2/22.

That leaves the week of 2/5 on this thursday March 1st. Thats my hunch, although I may be wrong. I interviewed on 2/14 so I'm expecting next week to be my week. Good luck everyone!

A Tree interviewed the week of 1/22 and was reviewed 2/15. The week of 1/29 should have been reviewed 2/22.

That leaves the week of 2/5 on this thursday March 1st. Thats my hunch, although I may be wrong. I interviewed on 2/14 so I'm expecting next week to be my week. Good luck everyone!

Actually interviewed one week before that--week of 1/15. But I'd say your calculations are right +-1 week. :)

As we say in the dance world for good luck, merde!

Hey A Tree, I'm sorry about the results. It's such a random process for many of us, sometimes we don't simply walk away with the results we want- not like our undergrad courses. heh. I was very curious how you thought your interview went. I already assessed from what I read that interview isn't everything but I was still curious. Thanks!

Thanks! As far as the actual interviews went I thought one was exceptionally good and the other was average--nothing remarkable about the latter, although he did say two or three times that he was very impressed with my resume. There are so many ways to explain these things...numbers of course, or I could have crucified myself without realizing it. I do remember one awkward moment where I described people at my undergraduate institution as blissfully miserable (I thought it more appropriate than masochistic)--he gave me a funny look. Needless to say I would be VERY interested to read my file.

I actually interviewed during the week of 1/29 and haven't heard anything yet. I suppose that could be bad news, but I'm trying to remain optimistic and hope that I'll hear something this week :)

well, i interviewed the week of 1/22 and haven't heard anything yet either. sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually interviewed one week before that--week of 1/15. But I'd say your calculations are right +-1 week. :)

As we say in the dance world for good luck, merde!
so maybe not march 1st, but march 8th? that's approx same as harvard decisions. joy. :/

Glad to hear I'm not alone too...interviewed the week of 1/22 and still no word yet. Do you think we may have been reviewed last thursday and our decisions are just in the mail or that we are going to be reviewed tomorrow??! I ask because it seems that not may people get phone calls Thursday night, but instead receieve the acceptance via snail during the following week...

Also, does anyone know what kind of scholarships Stanford offers, if any at all?

Glad to hear I'm not alone too...interviewed the week of 1/22 and still no word yet. Do you think we may have been reviewed last thursday and our decisions are just in the mail or that we are going to be reviewed tomorrow??! I ask because it seems that not may people get phone calls Thursday night, but instead receieve the acceptance via snail during the following week...

Also, does anyone know what kind of scholarships Stanford offers, if any at all?

They said for the first time this year they're going to offer a few--seven?--merit scholarships, but didn't elaborate further. I did leave the financial aid presentation early though.

:thumbup: Hey thanks for the info. I had to leave the financial aid presentation too to get to the VA for my interview so I missed the entire thing - what a crappy part to miss, huh.

Well here's hoping to hearing tomorrow whether it's via snail or over the phone..it has to be tomorrow...right?! :scared:

ok. snail mail waitlist today. interviewed 1/22-ish. total bummer. anyone have more info on the waitlist and previous year's movement? the letter was kinda discouraging....although I suppose they really don't want to get your hopes up.

ok. snail mail waitlist today. interviewed 1/22-ish. total bummer. anyone have more info on the waitlist and previous year's movement? the letter was kinda discouraging....although I suppose they really don't want to get your hopes up.

sorry to hear that kbear. Geez Stanford is so random. What on earth do they do behind those closed doors during committee meeting??

They said for the first time this year they're going to offer a few--seven?--merit scholarships, but didn't elaborate further. I did leave the financial aid presentation early though.

the fin aid adviser (Mr. Metaferia) said there would be a few, but he said that even he didn't know the criteria...

Did anybody who interviewed before the 22nd of January (namely the 19th) get any word back?

Also... for those of you who were accepted-- did your notices come (roughly) before or after those for waitlists?

if anyone gets a call tonight let us know!

the fin aid adviser (Mr. Metaferia) said there would be a few, but he said that even he didn't know the criteria...

Yeah, he told us 7, but from his tone he sounded like he was against the idea of merit scholarships (IMO)...:laugh:

Stanford is cold and Gabe Garcia is awkward! OHHH :eek:

Can you tell what theur decision was?