Stanford Interviewees: Notified Recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can first alternates defer a year??

Members don't see this ad.

no no! i mean if they get a spot now, can they defer to entering class of 2008? because i know some people want to defer anyway, and by being granted a definite spot in the class of 08, but a chance to be in this year's entering class, many would rather just take the 2008 spot and NOT want the chance to be in this year's entering class.

Members don't see this ad :)
My "Intention to Matriculate" form was in my First Alternate packet and I sent it in last week. That's weird that yours wasn't in the packet...

So you sent in both forms? The "statement of acceptance" as well?

no no! i mean if they get a spot now, can they defer to entering class of 2008? because i know some people want to defer anyway, and by being granted a definite spot in the class of 08, but a chance to be in this year's entering class, many would rather just take the 2008 spot and NOT want the chance to be in this year's entering class.

Ah, yes they can.

Has there been any news from Stanford?

how many first alternates have been accepted for this year so far?

Does anyone know how many 1st alternates there even are? Do any of you normal waitlisters have any news?

nope no news i don't think...any first alternates wanna let us know how the situation's looking? :confused:

i'm interested in any chance of waitlist movement as well.

believe it or not stanford class of 07 is officially full! time to move on guys.

Wow.
Sorry guys....:cool: . Do all of you have other acceptances/waitlists?

ahh man...is that what the admissions office said? yeah, i do have one that i'm very happy with, but it's still hard to let go...i probably won't move on until august

Members don't see this ad :)
So did any first alternates end up getting in?!?!!!! Wow... does anybody know details about class being full / first alternate situation / etc etc?!??!

I called yesterday and one of the admissions counselors told me that the chances of them going to the regular waitlist this year are pretty much zero...he said the class is full and they haven't even gone through the first alternates :(. He also mentioned that they will probably soon be sending out some sort of official letter to everyone on the regular waitlist to make them aware of the situation.

Did he say how many first alternates are left to go through?

I'm not sure if I heard him right, but I think he said that they haven't even gone to the first alternate list. Any first alternates out there, feel free to correct me though.

I'm a First Alternate. No news at all. *sigh* sorry guys.

But I followed up on some people whom I met at Admit Weekend, only 2 out of 5 chose Stanford on May 15th. Too bad this ratio wasn't more representative.

One First-alternate I know just went elsewhere. Otherwise 100% of those I met stayed (!!)

Wow...what would you estimate the size of the list to be then? Still around 20?

Haha, by the way, I don't know why I'm even still following this. I did have a dream/nightmare last week that I got a call from Stanford in the middle of the summer, offering me a spot under the condition that I decide in the next 5 minutes - but I was out in the middle of nowhere and my cell phone cut out. I somehow made my way to Stanford to tell them that I was accepting the offer but by that time it was too late...ahhh!

Haha, by the way, I don't know why I'm even still following this. I did have a dream/nightmare last week that I got a call from Stanford in the middle of the summer, offering me a spot under the condition that I decide in the next 5 minutes - but I was out in the middle of nowhere and my cell phone cut out. I somehow made my way to Stanford to tell them that I was accepting the offer but by that time it was too late...ahhh!

Beat you to it. I already have an acceptance and I still have dreams of things going wrong.

Beat you to it. I already have an acceptance and I still have dreams of things going wrong.

Hehe, but I'm sure being so paranoid, you're pretty on top off all your required paperwork. Don't worry! At least my dreams help me keep the hope alive...I'm pretty superstitious. Get this: my old research mentor, who is a postdoc at Stanford, had a dream the very same night that her application for a faculty position there got messed up by some evil-doer. This must mean something. Though probably it means that I should finally give up...BTW, how many of these first alternates that stayed on the list did you meet?

seat will open up. somebody going to JHU. :luck: