Stanford Interviewees: Notified Recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

this is not fun

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start a new thread of ppl who heard this month since the other thread says January. So, if you interviewed at Stanford and heard a decision recently, please let us know how it went and when you interviewed! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 1/25 and still haven't heard anything...did anyone get a call last night?

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed the week of 1/22 and got the waitlist letter on wednesday. i live in norcal though, so it might take longer for you guys to get any mail.

Interviewed 1/29. No word...

I interviewed on 1/9/2007, and I haven't heard anything yet. I've been checking my mailbox 4 times every day. So far, I've gotten a credit card offer, a magnet for a local pizza company, and several things I've ebay-ed in order to justify my continual hovering around the post office...

Maybe tomorrow?! Haha... :laugh:

1/9?! i feel like you should have heard something by now unless your interviewers didn't turn a form in or something. maybe you should call?

I thought I would start a new thread of ppl who heard this month since the other thread says January. So, if you interviewed at Stanford and heard a decision recently, please let us know how it went and when you interviewed! Thanks!

Hey folks, I just got an acceptance in the mail today, (no phone call, eastern time zone), w/ the letter dated 2/23 so I was reviewed last week. I interviewed on 1/22, and didn't really think my interviews went all that great, but both were quite friendly to me. Thus, keep hope even if you don't get a call or don't think you rocked your interviews. Good luck to all in waiting!

Hey all,

I interviewed 1/23 and received the very discouraging waitlist letter yesterday (from last week's committee meeting). Thought my interviews went really well but that just goes to show you never know....:confused:

Good luck to all still waiting... Just FYI, it seems from my experience and other posts that if you don't get the call on Thursday you get your letter (good, bad or ugly) via snail on the following Wed/Thursday, if that helps.

Hey all,

I interviewed 1/23 and received the very discouraging waitlist letter yesterday (from last week's committee meeting). Thought my interviews went really well but that just goes to show you never know....:confused:

Good luck to all still waiting... Just FYI, it seems from my experience and other posts that if you don't get the call on Thursday you get your letter (good, bad or ugly) via snail on the following Wed/Thursday, if that helps.

i feel ya on the waitlist!! what a bummer. i imagine a few people will get off this list but i don;t think we'll know where we are on the list til June :(

Hey folks, I just got an acceptance in the mail today, (no phone call, eastern time zone), w/ the letter dated 2/23 so I was reviewed last week. I interviewed on 1/22, and didn't really think my interviews went all that great, but both were quite friendly to me. Thus, keep hope even if you don't get a call or don't think you rocked your interviews. Good luck to all in waiting!

congratulations!! are your stats really good??

I just got the waitlist letter as well. Another 2-3 months of waiting!!!:(

Members don't see this ad :)
any new news? :luck:

congratulations! (and thanks for the information!)

i interviewed 2/5... so i guess i'll go check my mail... [stomach twists]

hey crimsonkid,

do you live on the west or east coast and was the letter to your permanent or school address? i interviewed on 2/8 and am awaiting the dreaded letter....:(

thanks!

shoot- interviewed 2/5 and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

this is excruciating!

Interviewed 2/2
Received call last Thursday (3/2) of an acceptance
Nothing in the mail yet

shoot- interviewed 2/5 and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

this is excruciating!

Interviewed 1/26 and NOTHING in mail. What's going on?

hey crimsonkid,

do you live on the west or east coast and was the letter to your permanent or school address? i interviewed on 2/8 and am awaiting the dreaded letter....:(

thanks!
this is not fun:

i go to school on the east coast, and the letter was mailed to that address.

does anyone know if stanford sends out acceptances and waitlists/rejections on the same day? or is there a stagger?

if it makes anyone feel better, i interviewed 1/11 and nothing. same with another girl from my school....she interviewed 1/7...

Here's what I know...

A friend of mine interviewed at Stanford on 1/19. She got accepted about a week ago (~2/28-3/1).

So, it took about 5 weeks for her to find out.

In last year's admissions cycle, two guys down my dorm hall (roommates) were both accepted about 2 weeks after their April interview.

Note that all these examples concern Stanford undergrads. Stanford tends to favor it's own, so the decision process was probably faster in these cases.

if it makes anyone feel better, i interviewed 1/11 and nothing. same with another girl from my school....she interviewed 1/7...

I interviewed on 1/9. I sent Stanford an email, and I was told that a decision on my file would be made this week (yikes...). Hopefully, I'll hear prior to next Thursday when I leave town.

hey themartaszz,

what did u say in your letter? im thinking of writing one too...

thanks!

hey themartaszz,

what did u say in your letter? im thinking of writing one too...

thanks!

I asked if I was still under consideration by the admissions committee and whether or not an update packet from me would be helpful. Nothing fancy :). It was a 5 sentence email.

This makes no sense. People who interviewed in the first week of Feb heard back, but there are still people in early-mid jan that haven't heard?? Eh?

it's finally thursday...

Hi everyone,

I'm interviewing in a couple weeks. Were you guys told there was a general time window between interview and decision? I wonder if this process will be expedited since I'm interviewing so late in the game.

hi eekonomics,

congrats on getting an interview!

for the general time frame of responses, it looks like people hear back after little over a month. but it also looks like it's a pretty flexible time frame-- some people who interviewed later than me (i interviewed 2/5) have already heard back whereas i'm "going to committee" tonight... (eek indeed!)

i'm sure the dean will tell you about when you'll hear when you're there. good luck! :luck:

hi eekonomics,

congrats on getting an interview!

for the general time frame of responses, it looks like people hear back after little over a month. but it also looks like it's a pretty flexible time frame-- some people who interviewed later than me (i interviewed 2/5) have already heard back whereas i'm "going to committee" tonight... (eek indeed!)

i'm sure the dean will tell you about when you'll hear when you're there. good luck! :luck:

Thanks!

does anybody know whether stanford has mostly filled up their class? i got the interview invitation in december but the only available interview date was early april. thanks guys!!!!!

does anybody know whether stanford has mostly filled up their class? i got the interview invitation in december but the only available interview date was early april. thanks guys!!!!!

I know for a fact, speaking with applicants from last year, that they are interviewing for acceptances all the way through the season. Someone I knew personally interviewed in April and was accepted 2 weeks later. So you will be interviewing for a spot in the class, not the waitlist.

Waitlisted today :(

Interviewed 1/29. Letter dated March 02. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard!

I don't mean to get you down, but that seems really late to me.

My interview request letter was dated Dec. 20, and I interviewed on Feb 22. The standard time interval between an interview invite and the interview day is about 6 weeks for Stanford.

December to April seems like a HUGE lag. Were you late in calling to schedule your appointment?

Anyway, you can still get in with a late interview. I know a couple of people (mentioned in a post above) who were accepted shortly after their April interviews.

I don't mean to get you down, but that seems really late to me.

My interview request letter was dated Dec. 20, and I interviewed on Feb 22. The standard time interval between an interview invite and the interview day is about 6 weeks for Stanford.

December to April seems like a HUGE lag. Were you late in calling to schedule your appointment?

Anyway, you can still get in with a late interview. I know a couple of people (mentioned in a post above) who were accepted shortly after their April interviews.

my interview request was november 27, but earliest available was early march. weird

my interview request was november 27, but earliest available was early march. weird

Really.... When did you call Cassandra Sooter to schedule the interview? I believe I called on Jan. 5.

It seems that when she said that "those are all the available slots..." she may have been lying.

By the way, it is just me, or are the vast majority of the Stanford admissions office staff (except for Jonnie Perez) incredibly rude?

Really.... When did you call Cassandra Sooter to schedule the interview? I believe I called on Jan. 5.

It seems that when she said that "those are all the available slots..." she may have been lying.

By the way, it is just me, or are the vast majority of the Stanford admissions office staff (except for Jonnie Perez) incredibly rude?

I got the invite on 11/20 and the earliest dates were in late Jan.. I didn't book right away cause I wanted to think about what date I wanted, but a few hours later the earliest date was Feb 14!! I booked that one immediately cause I didn't want everything to fill even more.

Yea, I agree that Cassandra Sooter is pretty impatient and rude. Jonnie is cool though.

I think you can ask Cassandra to put you on the 'interview date change request' list if you really wanna take a chance to get an earlier interview date (once it becomes available when somebody cancels their interview and such).

I actually found everyone in the office really nice. The only attitude that I got from Cassandra was when I called her at 7 am on the day of my interview. She thought that I was just calling about my application status, and had I gotten a call like that at 7 am, I would have been annoyed, too. During my interview day, Cassandra was really helpful, too. She has a lot of experience, so she's probably used to dealing with pre-meds, haha. Now my second interviewer was a different story, but whatever...

I think that my file came up for consideration tonight... *fingers and toes crossed*... Come on, Stanford...

I actually found everyone in the office really nice. The only attitude that I got from Cassandra was when I called her at 7 am on the day of my interview. She thought that I was just calling about my application status, and had I gotten a call like that at 7 am, I would have been annoyed, too. During my interview day, Cassandra was really helpful, too. She has a lot of experience, so she's probably used to dealing with pre-meds, haha. Now my second interviewer was a different story, but whatever...

I think that my file came up for consideration tonight... *fingers and toes crossed*... Come on, Stanford...

Same here....