Starting med school at 24

Started by up40loves
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be a month short of 29 when I matriculate. Though I don't think so, my mother certainly thinks I'm too old for this. (This could be because her desire for grandchildren dominates over having a doctor in the family 🙄)
My mom wants grandkids too. My brother's 32, probably never going to have kids, the younger siblings are 23 but they probably won't either.

I want kids, but not right now.
 
My mom wants grandkids too. My brother's 32, probably never going to have kids, the younger siblings are 23 but they probably won't either.

I want kids, but not right now.
My mom was in no rush, but my husband's mother is chomping at the bit. She's getting one grandkid before I would start medical school. Also... I'll turn 26 a few weeks after I matriculate if I get in my first cycle.