State licensing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pod110881

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have graduated from a podiatry residency and unlike most of my peers, I am very open to moving almost anywhere in the country for a job. Unfortunately, that means that job openings looking to be filled immediately need someone that has a license in that particular state. Because I am applying to jobs in about ten states, have I shot myself in the foot (no pun intended)? Am I really expected to apply for a license in ALL those states (and waste thousands of dollars)? Or are there a bunch of places that will wait for your licensing application process?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If there is a particular state (or states) in which you would really like to live I would go ahead and apply for a license there, but I think most employers will be able to wait for you to get licensed and move. I have gone through the licensing process in 2 different states, and while I can't remember exactly how long it took I don't remember it taking all that long.

Reactions: 1 user