State residency question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've heard that it's basically impossible to get into a CA med school unless one is a resident. I grew up and went to HS in CA, and my parents still live there. However, I went to college and grad school out of state (currently still in grad school), so I don't live there. I have been a student continously since I left CA. Am I still considered a resident? Does it matter where I vote and have a driver's license? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I've heard that it's basically impossible to get into a CA med school unless one is a resident. I grew up and went to HS in CA, and my parents still live there. However, I went to college and grad school out of state (currently still in grad school), so I don't live there. I have been a student continously since I left CA. Am I still considered a resident? Does it matter where I vote and have a driver's license? Thanks!

Can't speak to CA specifically, but time spent as a full-time student anywhere does not typically alter one's official state of residence.