• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Status
hey guys
which states require residency to open a private practice? i know New york does, but what about michigan and california??

rarm1

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
delaware
Status
Dentist
Delaware has required a residency since 1940
NY has just started
5 additional states were pending, and I believe Conn is closest to having it required.
Several others are thinking about it.

rals

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
Status
Dental Student
I'm raising this thread from the dead... what are the current positions across the country?

About the Ads

DrJeff

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2000
Brooklyn, ct
Status
Dentist
CT will grant you a licence upon completion of an acredited residency now after D-school graduation and successful completion of the national board exam. Or if you want take a regional exam, its upto you! Either way, you can then get the privilige of paying the state of CT $450 a year for your license:eek:

About the Ads