Stats course - epi or SAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fallen625

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take one final stats course to get a quant minor. I am torn in between epidemiology or SAS II (focus of the course is learning macros and PROC SQL). Does anyone have experienced with either of these courses / topics and insight on which course would be most useful (if either)?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of what stats courses would be most beneficial will depend greatly on the way in which you see yourself applying your stats knowledge in the future and what you are competent in currently.

Members don't see this ad :)
Epi is a nonsense course title. It's a field. That's not much better than taking a course called "statistics." My guess is it will be a broad overview focused on survival models and longitudinal analysis more generally, but that is a flat out guess.

I'd lean heavily in favor of SAS/SQL if that is the case. More readily transferable skillset with many potential applications and something you are less likely to get elsewhere. A good SAS programmer can easily figure out how to run a cox regression and even if not the folks who can are a dime a dozen.

Reactions: 1 user