Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anything from UCC or UCD?

Members don't see this ad.

i havent got any letter from abp or rcsi yet, but havent gotten an interview invite yet either. :confused:

do they email all the interview offers at once, or over the next couple of days? is it also regional? where are all you from? US or Canada?

Don't give up hope. Im from toronto if that helps

I received it Friday via FedEx. I'm from the U.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
My fiancé call abp today and was told second round offers for nuig, Ucc, and ucd would got out in next couple months. But that his application had not been rejected from any of the schools yet. His app went out late so we knew we had missed some of first rounds. Hope this helps everyone

no letter of rejection from abp or rcsi.

however, no interview offer yet

i talked to abp, and regarding my application they said to just wait regarding interview offers. whats going on?

no letter of rejection from abp or rcsi.

however, no interview offer yet

i talked to abp, and regarding my application they said to just wait regarding interview offers. whats going on?

The first round of interview offers went out over a span of 3 or 4 days by e-mail. If you got an interview you should probably expect an e-mail by the end of this week if you haven't heard already, although a couple people might get lucky closer to the interview date if other applicants cancel.

The first round of interview offers went out over a span of 3 or 4 days by e-mail. If you got an interview you should probably expect an e-mail by the end of this week if you haven't heard already, although a couple people might get lucky closer to the interview date if other applicants cancel.

thats good to know that it went out over a span of a few days. was getting worried. I really am assuming I got an interview, since I havent till date got a rejection letter, and no rejection was on file at ABP as of yesterday either. RCSI has all ready handed out most preinterview rejections, so lets hope for the best :luck:

another day has gone by. no letter of rejection from rcsi or abp

but also

another day has gone by without an interview offer.

Anything from UCC or UCD?

I just heard from a colleague that he received a UCD acceptance on the 23rd. Looks like they are still actively sending them out!

Does anyone know when the second round dental offers will be made??

Most interview slots for rcsi are full, when i called to make my appt only the 2nd day was available... For all my canadians out there.

I just heard from a colleague that he received a UCD acceptance on the 23rd. Looks like they are still actively sending them out!

Did he get an email acceptance and then a letter in the mail? or just mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most interview slots for rcsi are full, when i called to make my appt only the 2nd day was available... For all my canadians out there.

:( guess i didnt get it. rejection letter must be on its way

can someone please call on my behalf and ask ABP if all RCSI med interviews have been handed out, or if there are more to be released in the coming days?

Did he get an email acceptance and then a letter in the mail? or just mail?

Not sure sorry, but good news I guess that UCD still is giving out acceptances!

can someone please call on my behalf and ask ABP if all RCSI med interviews have been handed out, or if there are more to be released in the coming days?
I called today and the person I spoke with told me that RCSI interviews are still being handed out.
He told me they release them over a couple days just so they don't get bombarded with phone calls.

edit

Last edited:
I just received my Limerick offer package. It asks for a EUR4,000 (approx. CAD$5,200) deposit that must be sent via wire payment with proof submitted to Atlantic Bridge before May 14th--the day before Canadian schools announce their offers :(

NOTE: The letter from Atlantic Bridge says proof must be received on May 14th. I'll ask them for clarification and post a follow-up as I presume others will want to wait as long as possible as well.

J

does it say how much tutition + living cost is at limerick?

I got an interview offer for RCSI - MUB this week for May 12/13. its in toronto and im in alberta. I booked my interview but im not too sure what to do. still no word from nuig or ucd and since they are considering me for the MUB campus i think that means im out for the Ireland, although that was my first choice.. i didnt really consider the option of the MUB location because i thought i wouldnt have to.. not im kinda confused.. and i dont know how easy or difficult it would be getting bakc to canada from there and if its considered the same as RCSI in Ireland just a diff campus location or if its a completely seperate institution, because if so it has not even been around for 10 years.... so much to consider...

By the time you graduate it will have been around for 10 years, I too am a bit confused about the prospects for returning back to Canada after graduation. Are you sure you're out of the running at the other schools ? I received a rejection from RCSI in Ireland but havent heard anything from any of the other schools I applied to. I also rec'd an invite for an interview at RCSI MUB btw.

Still waiting to hear from UCC, UCD, Trinity, and NUIG

I am from the US, and I received my acceptance to Trinity College Dublin from the Atlantic Bridge Program in early-mid March. I am SO excited to start in the fall. Can't wait!

I am from the US, and I received my acceptance to Trinity College Dublin from the Atlantic Bridge Program in early-mid March. I am SO excited to start in the fall. Can't wait!

Congrats!!! How were your MCAt scores and GPA?

For general info,

I accepted my UCD offer earlier this month. This week I received a rejection letter from RCSI and I also got an email from ABP asking if I wanted to stay in the running or opt out of my Limerick application. Obviously I opted out, and let them know today so that should mean one extra spot for someone.

For general info,

I accepted my UCD offer earlier this month. This week I received a rejection letter from RCSI and I also got an email from ABP asking if I wanted to stay in the running or opt out of my Limerick application. Obviously I opted out, and let them know today so that should mean one extra spot for someone.

Congrats!!

For general information as well, I declined my offer for the RCSI 6 year program

I did do the FedEx option, and recycled the envelope, however, the package comes in an Atlantic Bridge Folder, so I'm pretty sure it came from California... The date on the actual letter from the University (the offer letter) is April 18. I received my Fedex on the 27th.

J

I did do the FedEx option, and recycled the envelope, however, the package comes in an Atlantic Bridge Folder, so I'm pretty sure it came from California... The date on the actual letter from the University (the offer letter) is April 18. I received my Fedex on the 27th.

J

Congrats! Which school was this from?

Congrats! Which school was this from?

Sorry, I forgot to quote the e-mail asking me a question—this is for Limerick, and someone asked how I received: FedEx or regular post.

J

I just received my Limerick offer package. It asks for a EUR4,000 (approx. CAD$5,200) deposit that must be sent via wire payment with proof submitted to Atlantic Bridge before May 14th--the day before Canadian schools announce their offers :(

NOTE: The letter from Atlantic Bridge says proof must be received on May 14th. I'll ask them for clarification and post a follow-up as I presume others will want to wait as long as possible as well.

J

I just received a note from Finbar: he indicated that Monday, May 14th (11:59 pm PDT) is the cut-off to receive the proof.

J

By the time you graduate it will have been around for 10 years, I too am a bit confused about the prospects for returning back to Canada after graduation. Are you sure you're out of the running at the other schools ? I received a rejection from RCSI in Ireland but havent heard anything from any of the other schools I applied to. I also rec'd an invite for an interview at RCSI MUB btw.

Well i havent heard anything back from any where else.. but i doubt that RCSI is going to give me an offer for both of their locations.. are you going to be attend the interview? and would you be willing to go there? these are all thing im confused about as well so im trying to see what others might have to say..

Decline from Trinity today :( hoping for NUIG, UCC, or UCD to come through with an acceptance letter!!

Decline from Trinity today :( hoping for NUIG, UCC, or UCD to come through with an acceptance letter!!

How were you notified when TCD sent you the rejection? In the mail or via email?

Well i havent heard anything back from any where else.. but i doubt that RCSI is going to give me an offer for both of their locations.. are you going to be attend the interview? and would you be willing to go there? these are all thing im confused about as well so im trying to see what others might have to say..

Ya, im def gonna interview there but I dunno it will be a viable option to return to Canada after graduating from the MUB campus. I dunno how it compares to RCSI in Ireland.

Anyone here from any schools other than RCSi and TRInity ?

UCD, NUIG and UCC hopefully still have second round offers coming out EVENTUALLY, good thing we werent waiting like this a month ago.....................................................booooo

UCD, NUIG and UCC hopefully still have second round offers coming out EVENTUALLY, good thing we werent waiting like this a month ago.....................................................booooo

I'm still waiting on TCD, NUIG, UCD, and UCD.........

I'm still waiting on TCD, NUIG, UCD, and UCD.........

Yeah I'm still waiting on UCD, NUIG, TCD, and RCSI. ..although since I haven't received an email for an interview from RCSI, I'm assuming that a rejection letter is coming in the mail :(

I haven't heard back from TCD, UCD, UCC, RCSI, or NUIG (no rejection or acceptance) but ABP told me that I will hear from them at some point but judging by the number of applicants accepting their offers and the number of people on waitlists, it is "unlikely I will get any offer at this point" :-(

rawrrrr second round offers for UCD didnt start going out until June last year.......this is dreadful

yikes. these guys are taking their sweet time, have yet to hear back from UCD or Limerick, although I will not be attending them.