Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just from looking at the forum last year, it looks like second and third round offers were still being handed out in July so I think a bunch of us still got a ways to go.

I think it's time we all just enjoy the summer and try not to obsess over med offers (I know it's gonna be hard!)

Members don't see this ad.

got my rejection letter from rcsi, but have been accepted to cambridge. i took the bmat last year and did quite well on it. so happy and such a relief

got my rejection letter from rcsi, but have been accepted to cambridge. i took the bmat last year and did quite well on it. so happy and such a relief

Cambridge med school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cambridge med school?

yes lol i was extremely surprised. maybe if i took the mcat i would have gotten into the irish schools. but guess they did not accept my bmat score, but regardless i think this is the best option i could get.

oh wow. yea tbh it was my bmat score. i did really well on it, but im surprised the irish schools didnt take that into consideration. whatever. i thought i had no chance at cambridge, and then an acceptance comes out of nowhere. gladly packing my bag and ready to go to the UK

Hey blazers, major grats. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm glad there's a happy ending to your story. Now you need to find a cute British girl/guy to marry if you end up liking the country and want to stay there...

Which college in Cambridge University? When was your interview and what did you get for your BMAT? Did you have to submit SAT and subject SAT scores? Which other British med schools did you apply to? I am exploring Oxford for the Fall of 2013 and this info will help.

Hey blazers, major grats. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm glad there's a happy ending to your story. Now you need to find a cute British girl/guy to marry if you end up liking the country and want to stay there...

hey thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i thought being an american boy will help me if pop culture is indicative of life at all. now just gonna have to work on the accent. cheerios

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY

Which college in Cambridge University? When was your interview and what did you get for your BMAT? Did you have to submit SAT and subject SAT scores? Which other British med schools did you apply to? I am exploring Oxford for the Fall of 2013 and this info will help.

its very important you take the bmat. you have to be registered for the bmat by the time you submit your app, and have taken it and received your score, by the time of the interview date. mind you, the entry fee is a little expensive so get ready for that. from my interview, i learned that for international applicants, bmat is looked at most importantly and there is no substitute possible for the bmat. you have to fly out to england for the interview.

i applied to 5 british universities. was rejected from all of them except this and 1 other. but the other name, whose name i will not disclose, is basically a very unknown one so i was really hoping to get into rcsi or trinity before i heard back from cambridge.

thanks everybody!

Just got a rejection from RCSI Ireland. was dated May 2. looks like it came directly from Ireland.

its very important you take the bmat. you have to be registered for the bmat by the time you submit your app, and have taken it and received your score, by the time of the interview date. mind you, the entry fee is a little expensive so get ready for that. from my interview, i learned that for international applicants, bmat is looked at most importantly and there is no substitute possible for the bmat. you have to fly out to england for the interview.

i applied to 5 british universities. was rejected from all of them except this and 1 other. but the other name, whose name i will not disclose, is basically a very unknown one so i was really hoping to get into rcsi or trinity before i heard back from cambridge.

thanks everybody!

Just want to interject and say that whether or not you need to take the BMAT is dependant on what school you apply to and what program. For example, I applied exclusively to 4 year Graduate Entry Programs which required me to take the UKCAT instead of the BMAT. Some other schools require applicants to take the GAMSAT. So you need to determine where you want to apply before signing up and studying for any of these tests.

One other thing, blazers mentions that he applied to 5 universities. The UCAS system (which you use to apply to UK schools) allows up to 4 selections for medical programs and 1 alternative which cannot be medicine.

If anyone has any questions about the process of applying to schools in the UK (particularly Grad Entry programs), feel free to contact me and I will try my best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to interject and say that whether or not you need to take the BMAT is dependant on what school you apply to and what program. For example, I applied exclusively to 4 year Graduate Entry Programs which required me to take the UKCAT instead of the BMAT. Some other schools require applicants to take the GAMSAT. So you need to determine where you want to apply before signing up and studying for any of these tests.

One other thing, blazers mentions that he applied to 5 universities. The UCAS system (which you use to apply to UK schools) allows up to 4 selections for medical programs and 1 alternative which cannot be medicine.

If anyone has any questions about the process of applying to schools in the UK (particularly Grad Entry programs), feel free to contact me and I will try my best!
Congratulation, Whiteanenome. Which four British medical schools did you apply to? What were their ranking in choice in the UCAS application? What did you get for your BMAT? I am hoping to put in my application for 2013 entry to (in order of choice): Oxford, Imperial, St Andrew's, and Aberdeen, with the fifth choice being for a non-medical degree. I will be applying with SAT I (composite score of 2160), at least three, if not four, SAT II (Math II, Bio, Physics, and Chem) and hopefully with all >700, and with already 34 university semester credit under my belt. I am currently a junior in high school but attends the Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science (based at the University of North Texas) that takes 100 sophomore students from high schools in Texas each year to complete the high school diploma but with university courses. My first year GPA at the academy is 3.91. With these stats, what do you think of my chance of getting an offer and which would be the most appropriate university to apply to.

Hey SJ. I'm afraid my experience won't be much help to you because I completed a university degree prior to applying and therefore only applied to schools which offered the 4 year Graduate Entry programs. My advice is to check out The Student Room's medical school forum where you might be able to find someone to better answer your questions (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195/). Good luck with your application.

To even be considered for Cambridge, you have to take the BMAT and the UKCAT does not replace the BMAT requirement. Same applies for oxford, and UCL

Has anyone called to ABP when second round offers will be made?

I called on tuesday, I dont know who I was talking to but he just checked my file said there were no offers or rejections (except the RCSI one) and told me that when they hear anything they will let me know. But he said they had no clue when the second round offers were coming out....

Should've taken the BMAT. Lol. Cambridge is really tough they accept like 7 Internationals every year.

hmmm, blazers what exactly was your BMAT score...I took it also.

Was accepted into a Canadian med school today (UBC) so that will leave one more seat open for those who applied to UCD. This was my 4th app cycle for Canadian med school and am quite happy/relieved to have finally been accepted (except of course for the $6100 I burned putting down a deposit at UCD).

Good luck!

For all those people that just had their rcsi interviews this weekend or prior to that just how long did your interviewer say in terms of expected response time. He told me really soon 7-10 days and I'm trying to figure outl whether or not that's a good or bad thing. (Waiting is killing me I called the bank today and yesterday to see whether or not they charged my credit card - wishful thinking in my part) but anyways I'm asking what you guys were told in terms of how long to wait to see if there are different timings or if everyone was told around the same time. I only mean the anticipated wait time suggested by the interviewer becayse Atlantic bridge said that it would take much longer 3 weeks when I spoke to Mr Nealon after my interview.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Was accepted into a Canadian med school today (UBC) so that will leave one more seat open for those who applied to UCD. This was my 4th app cycle for Canadian med school and am quite happy/relieved to have finally been accepted (except of course for the $6100 I burned putting down a deposit at UCD).

Good luck!

Its definately a bummer that you lost $6100 but think in the long run, you probably saved $60,000+ in tuition fees, not to mention the hassle of acquiring residency as a IMG. Congratulations and I commend your determination :thumbup:

Hello everyone,

I got my second round acceptance to UCC on May 9th. If anyone is curious, stats were 10/10/12/Q, 3.88 best two years, electrical engineering (I don't off the top of my head have a cGPA to offer up). I was shut out by UofC, UofS, Western, NOSM, Queens.

Out of curiosity, are there any other Western Canadians on here heading to UCC?

Hello everyone,

I got my second round acceptance to UCC on May 9th. If anyone is curious, stats were 10/10/12/Q, 3.88 best two years, electrical engineering (I don't off the top of my head have a cGPA to offer up). I was shut out by UofC, UofS, Western, NOSM, Queens.

Out of curiosity, are there any other Western Canadians on here heading to UCC?

Me! :thumbup:

Has anybody heard from Galway? Not sure if they've sent out rejections

Its 2-3 weeks after the rcsi interview, i clarified at my interview

Has anybody heard from Galway? Not sure if they've sent out rejections

We haven't heard anything yet from them either! Still waiting to hear from them along withUCC and UCD

Decline from Galway dated 5/14

If it makes you feel any better - order for me last year was rejection from RCSI, Galway, and Cork, then acceptance to UCD, then after accepting that, rejection to UCL.

lol I still havent heard anything from Trinity, Galway, UCC, UCD or UL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I contacted ABP and they said my application is still under consideration

If it makes you feel any better - order for me last year was rejection from RCSI, Galway, and Cork, then acceptance to UCD, then after accepting that, rejection to UCL.

Thank you!!! I'm hoping we end up in Dublin or cork!!

Yeah I havent heard from UCC, UCD or Galway yet eitherrrrrrr. what is going onnnnnnnnnnnn

i still haven't heard back from TCD, NUIG, UCD, and UCC. with my mcat score (26O), i was expecting to get a rejection from UCC and UCD by now......

I just got accepted off the waitlist to another school so I will be declining my acceptance to UCC. There will be another spot to UCC up for grabs and hopefully one of you will get it.

I just got accepted off the waitlist to another school so I will be declining my acceptance to UCC. There will be another spot to UCC up for grabs and hopefully one of you will get it.

Good luck to you!

rejection from Galway. not sure when it's dated - the letter was delivered to my other parent's house.

I applied to ABP and have just completed my first year at York University ... my highschool marks were embarrassing but my first year marks were four A's and one B. Also, I applied late so I missed the first round of offers.

So far I have recieved a rejection from RCSI, and nothing from UCD or NUIG. I'm obviously hoping a second round offer from the latter two but at this moment my expectations are very low...

Rejection from NUIG today dated May 14th

I also received a rejection from NUIG dated May 14. Mine came in today. Mail delivery to Vancouver always seems to be a bit slower than most other places.

So far, I've regrets from TCD, NUIG, and RCSI.

Still waiting to hear from UCC, UCD, and Limerick.