Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from NUIG, dated May 14th.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats did u get a package or did you call fedex

Has anyone gotten offer or rejection from UCC as of late (second round)?? or Has anyone called and asked UCC when they will be sending out offers/rejections for second round??

Has anyone gotten offer or rejection from UCC as of late (second round)?? or Has anyone called and asked UCC when they will be sending out offers/rejections for second round??

My husband is waiting to hear from UCC and UCD. He called Atlantic bridge yesterday and they said they didn't have any updates

Rejections from Galway (forget the date), and UCD dated May 11th, received May 30th in Toronto

Rejected from UCD and Galway recently, havent heard from Cork but one would assume that a rejection is coming haha...

Any updates on accepts ot declines?

I called Atlantic bridge today and they told me that ucd sent out mass rejections (150 for the 6 year program). He also mentioned that they should be sending out acceptances really soon but doesn't know when and that the size would be really small. He said that in general that it was good if you haven't heard anything.

I called Atlantic bridge today and they told me that ucd sent out mass rejections (150 for the 6 year program). He also mentioned that they should be sending out acceptances really soon but doesn't know when and that the size would be really small. He said that in general that it was good if you haven't heard anything.

Thanks for the info!

I also called UCD today and they said that they would send out offers & rejections within the next few weeks (so vague). Now I'm stuck. I haven't been rejected but not accepted either, so that means they're thinking about it. My first choice is UCD but I got an offer from RCSI Bahrain and I need to send in the deposit by June 15th or my spot is gone. I haven't even got my loan yet so not sure if I can even go, but if it means getting an offer at UCD I would prefer to be in Ireland. Don't mean to be greedy.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCD rejection dated may 11th. still waiting on UCC and TCD.

RCSI-MUB - Acceptance, Still waiting on UCC, UL, and TCD. Not much hope though...

RCSI rejection dated May 31. I already accepted offer from Limerick tho. I get the feeling that accepting at one school limits your chances of getting other offers..... Not that it matters, I'm just stoked to be going to Ireland!

RCSI rejection dated May 31. I already accepted offer from Limerick tho. I get the feeling that accepting at one school limits your chances of getting other offers..... Not that it matters, I'm just stoked to be going to Ireland!

They stated that in the best interest of other applicants, those accept an offer to a school will be withdrawn from the possibility of the acceptance of another.

I'm still yet to hear anything from anyone! Waitlisted at one school here in Canada, and I know all this is better than rejections (so far), but all this indecision is killing me!

Salutations,

6 year MD program. (Would have been 5 due to prereqs I've done)

I'm from: British Columbia
My country of citizenship is: Canada
Currently studying: Undergraduate
At this University: Langara College
My GPA is: 3.8 (O. Chem I was A+, O.Chem II was A) [56 credits]
My MCAT Scores were: TBD

I applied to: UCD, NUIG
I was accepted at: N/A
I was waitlisted at: N/A
I was rejected from: UCD, NUIG.

My first choice school is: NUIG

If you were to look at my full application (reference, volunteering, essay, etc...), it was pretty damn good. Got good feedback from ABP and a few other students. My app was better than those that got in. So I wondered, why the hell didn't I get in? I'm an ideal candidate.... My only guess was that I had a learning disability. They never said it, but that's the only idea I got.

I also called them up, they said talk to ABP. Talked to ABP, said "We just the messenger. Bye." I'm actually pretty glad they said "no" now. I think I've got the stuff I need for UBC (have gotten a lot of guidance from UBC med students and advisers).

Salutations,

If you were to look at my full application (reference, volunteering, essay, etc...), it was pretty damn good. Got good feedback from ABP and a few other students. My app was better than those that got in. So I wondered, why the hell didn't I get in? I'm an ideal candidate.... My only guess was that I had a learning disability. They never said it, but that's the only idea I got.

I also called them up, they said talk to ABP. Talked to ABP, said "We just the messenger. Bye." I'm actually pretty glad they said "no" now. I think I've got the stuff I need for UBC (have gotten a lot of guidance from UBC med students and advisers).

Your stats are remarkable! Did you happen to apply past the deadline or moderately late?

Received a rejection from RCSI today (dated Jue 1st).

Only hope is UCD now.

Has anyone received a rejection from UCD this week or were all the letters received last week?

Wow thats so mean. 3.8 gpa my stats aren't even there. Did you find out why?

Salutations,

Although this is pure speculation I would think its because of not going to an actual university, I know this sounds stupid.
A friend of mine contacted abp and asked how credits would work and such since she was at a college and not a university. They basically said there is no point as the Irish schools almost never accept someone who's not at a university. She ended up not applying because of this.
I know it sounds really stupid, in my opinion it is, but this is what they said to her this year.

Wow thats so mean. 3.8 gpa my stats aren't even there. Did you find out why?

Re-read my last couple paragraphs.

Your stats are remarkable! Did you happen to apply past the deadline or moderately late?
I was completely on time with my application and did everything well in advanced. Here's a breakdown:

July: Warned my two references that they will be writing me a reference letter.
Aug: Reminder to ref. + started essay
Sept: Did interview with my hospital (ER) reference. Went weekly to my school's writing center to get the profs there to proof read and give me better suggestions on my essay. Sent out my "everything before September 2011" transcripts (including high school)
Oct: Got references done and sent. Also got a letter from my school's disability's office Kept working on my essay.
Nov: Sent out my application and emailed my essay on November 1st. Got confirmation on the 3rd they got it.
(Sent it early just incase I f'd up anything and I'd have time to get it to them)
Dec: Sent out my Fall 2011 transcript,
April: Sent out my Spring 2012 transcript,

As for the essay.. It's really easy... just start early and do a couple sentences a day and a full read through every other week.

Although this is pure speculation I would think its because of not going to an actual university, I know this sounds stupid.
A friend of mine contacted abp and asked how credits would work and such since she was at a college and not a university. They basically said there is no point as the Irish schools almost never accept someone who's not at a university. She ended up not applying because of this.
I know it sounds really stupid, in my opinion it is, but this is what they said to her this year.

I see. I guess they make that speculation at Ireland before they even do any actual investigation on it. The college I go to, it's harder than the university, and the credits transfer 100% and my GPA doesn't even get scaled up or down, they take it as is. However, this transfering credits and courses btw College to University is only really unique to BC and probly one other province.

I back this guy up. My grades went up when I went to UBC from Langara. 4 courses there are heavier than 5 courses at UBC (faculty of science that is!)

Salutations,

6 year MD program. (Would have been 5 due to prereqs I've done).

There is no way you should even be applying to Ireland with your GPA. Give yourself at least 3 cracks at UBC before even considering Ireland. Book an MCAT date and kill it and you have a good chance to be accepted. I went to university of the Fraser Valley (gpa 3.8/4.3) (UBC % 82.3) and was accepted to UBC med on my 4th try (I was preparing to pack up for Ireland myself this year if I wasn't accepted).
If I were you I would put Ireland on hold for awhile.

That's the plan now. 4th try? Dedication I don't think I'll have. Max 2. If not, then choose another career path.

Average Canadian med student applies 2.7 times before acceptance. You definitely shouldn't limit yourself to two tries.

Rejection from Limerick received today, dated May 30th. Boo. Kind of expected it at this point though since interviews do not go past June.

Any ucc or ucd updates??? Still not so patiently waiting!!!

Sameee... Im waiting for UCC dentistry actually && this is taking foreverrrrrr

got a letter from TCD finally - dated May 31st. they said they're unable to offer me a spot at this time but they've put me on a "short" waiting list. ugh, i hate waiting.

Haven't heard from anywhere. I checked my credit card, seemed there was no transaction yet. Although my application was submitted late but I am wondering if I was supposed to hear back by now even if it was a rejection. Waiting for this is killing me.

If you're placed on the waitlist till now.. Does that mean everyone has accepted their offers but the university is waiting for them to pay full fee for the 1st year or does that mean some students have declined their offer and the university will make second round offers??

In order to accept your offer you need to submit your deposit along with the appropriate paper work. If you are placed on the waiting list it probably means they have sent offers to other students and have yet to hear a response from them. If they don't respond or decline the offer the school will send an offer to the next person on the waiting list. If someone for any reason has paid their deposit and withdraws from the school then they would go to the next person in the waiting list. At least that's how I understood it. So as soon as you get your offer you better go to the banks ASAP because the only way to accept your offer is sending in your deposit

Has anyone heard back from UCC for medicine or dental??

got a rejection from UCC for medicine dated June 18th

got my UCD rejection today dated June 20th straight from Ireland (gotta say the envelope and stamp were pretty stylish)

Does anyone know if acceptances are still going out? It seems like everyone has been receiving regrets as of late :(

Will be withdrawing my acceptance to UDC. Good luck to anyone still waiting. This is a wonderful school and opportunity.

Got rejections from both UCD and RCSI, waiting on Limerick. Has anyone received any offers rejections from Limerick, wondering when they would be sending their replies. :(

I received my unconditional acceptance from the University of St Andrews today. Therefore, I will turn down my offer from UCD for the 6 year program.

I hope this will help someone on the wait list.

I received my unconditional acceptance from the University of St Andrews today. Therefore, I will turn down my offer from UCD for the 6 year program.

I hope this will help someone on the wait list.

What is your stats for getting into St Andrew's? With APs or SAT I and SAT II?

Does anyone know when the second round interviews for University of Limerick are being held or they have already passed? I searched a lot online but couldn't find anything. I would appreciate if anyone knows anything about this.